VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

1 - 20 of 2467 Posts

·
Banned
26,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Taken from the 'what did you do to your bike today' thread over in the cycling forum.

Today I patched up a bad sprinkler and finally removed the security bolts and security door that came with the house.

·
Registered
16,091 Posts
The last of the cedar shingles went on yesterday. Today, the trim is getting painted and, hopefully, the electricians will install three sconces.

I replaced the 3M water filter under the sink and the water filter in the refrigerator this morning. I need to hang some art from the walls today.

·
Banned
26,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I pruned some waterspouts and dead branches from my beautiful Magnolia tree.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Took the chainsaw out and cleared a .2 mile long trail through part of our woods. Changed the oil/filters on the Acrease and replaced a wheel yoke I broke the last time I mowed, then mowed about 10 acres.

·
Registered
45,400 Posts
Yesterday we had a home inspection on a house we are trying to buy. Today I was on the phone calling structural engineers, trying to hire one to look at a sagging floor issue turned up by the home inspection. You can tell the economy is starting to pick up when guys like structural engineers are too busy to take a small, quick job or don't even call you back.

·
Registered
18,649 Posts
Supervised a couple of my employees cutting brush and deadwood around my shed. I also had a huge pile of pre-painted clear cedar that was left over from the build 20 years ago that had been reclaimed by mother nature. I had that cut up and thrown in a pit.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Took the chainsaw out and cleared a .2 mile long trail through part of our woods. Changed the oil/filters on the Acrease and replaced a wheel yoke I broke the last time I mowed, then mowed about 10 acres.
Forgot to mention, found this little gem while clearing the trail. Duffy Whiskey Co. Patent on the bottom is 1884, but not sure the exact date of the bottle. As far as I can tell from a basic internet search, Duffy went out of business before prohibition ended. The bottle pricing guide a family member gave us indicated it was worth $70-90...not that I'm going to bother selling it. It'll just go on the shelf with the rest of the finds.

·
Registered
45,400 Posts
That place is gorgeous...but the real question is: Do the Christmas lights come with it?
We will be lucky to even get a key. This is a short sale. I took the photo back in December when we first made our offer. That shows how long we have been working on buying this place. If we do finally buy this house, I will be able to post in this thread every day. There are that many jobs to do in the place.

·
Registered
35,066 Posts
We will be lucky to even get a key. This is a short sale. I took the photo back in December when we first made our offer. That shows how long we have been working on buying this place. If we do finally buy this house, I will be able to post in this thread every day. There are that many jobs to do in the place.
Hang in there! Our short sale took 6 months and was the biggest PITA ever. But we're glad we were patient :thumbup:

We removed our upper cabinets yesterday. Taking our time doing the demo since my hubby is working during the week.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
Got the keys today!! (June 28)

And two hours later - i pulled off the carpet from the stairs and upper level.

Thanks
- Eric

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Borrowed a pressure washer from a buddy and started cleaning away decades of neglect.

before:

testing:

after:

I am just going to use polymetric sand to fill the cracks where the mortar has disappeared over the past 20-30 years since the patio was put in. Someday this will likely get replaced or at least pulled and relaid, but for now, that will do the job. I still have a ton of cleaning to do, the whole pergola has to be cleaned, the concrete around the pool and the pool walls also need it as well, and that's really just the start :laugh:

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Almost done power washing. Moved in this past weekend and have been working on it for several days. The deck took almost two days and I am finally in the home stretch. It is pretty obvious the last owner did nothing outside for maintenance and care so once the house is clean and all the green is gone, I can start on the trees.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Wife wanted a concrete pad for a party by July 13th....derocked, leveled, formed, then poured 3 yards of concrete early saturday morning. Surprised I was able to work with the concrete and get a good finish with it being 118 degrees this weekend!

Before

Some sort of shade

After

1 - 20 of 2467 Posts