VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
10161 - 10180 of 10433 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
For 195/50/15 summer performance tire I'm looking at BFG Sport Compact 2, Yoko Advan Fleva V707, or Dunlop Direzza VIII. Anyone have good/bad experiences or suggest something better or am I the only one looking @ 195/50 these days?

·
Registered
Serial car rescuer, repeat offender
1,190 Posts
No personal experience with any of those, but the Dunlop is well thought of in the early Porsche community.

Reactions: Hoffa

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Direzza. I'm making the switch once my Toyo R1Rs are worn. The R1R is not bad either and the 195/50R15 is a bit of a magical size for them, but I think the Direzzas may offer even more grip and hopefully possibly slightly better wear.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Direzza. I'm making the switch once my Toyo R1Rs are worn. The R1R is not bad either and the 195/50R15 is a bit of a magical size for them, but I think the Direzzas may offer even more grip and hopefully possibly slightly better wear.
How low are y’all that you can run those tire sizes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
195/50-15 is the 15" stock height equivalent. Should fit most any Mk1.

Reactions: Seomobster

·
Registered
12,371 Posts
I just wish I could run some 195/45s or 205/50s 200aa tires without having to raise it so much. Oh well :(

I’m more willing to loose grip (more fun sometimes anyway) than to raise it sky high personally.

Although if I do that I can run my baffled pan.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I look at it differently. With taller tires you don't have to lower it as far to look good. Taller tires fill the fender gap.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Yes. To each their own, as they say. I certainly appreciate the effort it takes to get to that point. And of course, I remember when the 35mm drop did on my '81 Scirocco S (back in '81 when it was new, yes I'm that old) was considered "way low". That still colors my preferences. I brought the front of my current Caddy project down ½" after this picture.

Reactions: 01

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Agreed. What I’m debating doing is something more like this, just not sure it will work as planned.
I like it. I hope you can make it work.

·
Registered
5,335 Posts
Started detailing my car. It’s hard to get any free time with a new born so detailing one or part of a panel at a time has been a fun way to work on the car in 20-30 minute increments.

looks pretty good from afar. But the defects can’t hide under direct light

I guess that’s the difference between DIY and a professional detailer. I’m going to do a final pass with some 2 in 1 polish/glaze to see if it fills in the little scratches.

·
Registered
Corrados, rabbits, and bugs oh my!
403 Posts
Pulled this raggity old B into the shop last week before leaving for vacation. I had to fill the fuel hardlines up with carb clean and PB to soften up whatever was clogging the lines. Got all the blockage out after work today! Something went flying into my gun bench at 95psi! Now to figure out what to use for a fuel pump. The Facet, or the Carter. I’ve got a Holley 12-804 pressure regulator.

10161 - 10180 of 10433 Posts