VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
10181 - 10200 of 10433 Posts

·
Registered
Corrados, rabbits, and bugs oh my!
403 Posts
That carb only needs 3-5 psi fuel pressure. I just use an electric one I got from amazon. Works great.
Yup 👍🏼 but the pumps I have are not regulated, that’s why I got that Holley. Plus, if/when I decide on dual carbs, it has 2 outlets so both will get the correct pressure.

working on the new tank install and saw this. Thought it was cool and wanted to share! ✌🏼

·
Registered
9,366 Posts
My take on headgaskets is that they eventually fail because the fibrous stuff weaken and no longer seal well. The differences in expansion of the iron block and aluminum head cause the extra friction which does not help.

When manufacturers developed MLS gaskets, it seems that headgasket failure seemed to go away. The surfaces need to be machined better and maybe that was reason why MLS seem to last longer.

No proof, but it's based on my experiences. If there is a MLS gasket, I will always install that.

·
Registered
1985 VW Cabriolet
2,539 Posts
Ive been waiting for my ckw2 bags to arrive.
Recently painted my cabby, plumbed my trunk setup. Pulled a 5spd swap from one of my parts cars and comtemplating if i think i can pull off putting the 5spd swap in my car.

also need to decide if i want to buy a reman PS rack for a manual car to keep my PS or use the manual rack that came from my donor car

Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate Wheel

Plant Gas Serveware Font Art

Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle Gas
Car Vehicle Window Motor vehicle Steering wheel

donor for tranny below (parting rest)

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive parking light Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cut the rusty banged up flares off so that the 14"s can fit. 6" rocketbunny style flares gona get welded up as soon as I get an extra $160 (never at this pace) 12 years in with this turd truck hahahaha. This project is inspired by some really ridiculous Datsun rally car builders at RHD Imports and by the Crome N Kandy lowrider crowd in Spokane. This is not one for the purists or rebuilders. This build is for the crazy imagination off the wall ridiculous garage dreamers and the butcher shop wrongdoers. Its more ok to chop things up nowadays more than ever. For any haters reading this: it really hurt me to cut into this truck, but its a rust bucket and has been stolen and crashed twice and has been everybodys moms borrow truck whenever anyone I knew didnt have a vehicle. Its silly that I am taking precautions against online bullying before anyone even says theyre getting popcorn out or calling a german vehicle build an asian racial slurr but Ive dealt with plenty of hate other forums where I wanted to be a part of and have left 100% because of hate. So please just accept it as it is. Saying all that....this thing will be getting lambo doors and already has a full 2.5" exhaust. It is a 1.6 diesel with 940,000 miles on it and an original 4 on the floor.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
Serial car rescuer, repeat offender
1,190 Posts
Its silly that I am taking precautions against online bullying before anyone even says theyre getting popcorn out or calling a german vehicle build an asian racial slurr but Ive dealt with plenty of hate other forums where I wanted to be a part of and have left 100% because of hate. So please just accept it as it is.
Definitely not my style, but it's your truck, so have at it!

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
5,470 Posts
Cut the rusty banged up flares off so that the 14"s can fit. 6" rocketbunny style flares gona get welded up as soon as I get an extra $160 (never at this pace) 12 years in with this turd truck hahahaha. This project is inspired by some really ridiculous Datsun rally car builders at RHD Imports and by the Crome N Kandy lowrider crowd in Spokane. This is not one for the purists or rebuilders. This build is for the crazy imagination off the wall ridiculous garage dreamers and the butcher shop wrongdoers. Its more ok to chop things up nowadays more than ever. For any haters reading this: it really hurt me to cut into this truck, but its a rust bucket and has been stolen and crashed twice and has been everybodys moms borrow truck whenever anyone I knew didnt have a vehicle. Its silly that I am taking precautions against online bullying before anyone even says theyre getting popcorn out or calling a german vehicle build an asian racial slurr but Ive dealt with plenty of hate other forums where I wanted to be a part of and have left 100% because of hate. So please just accept it as it is. Saying all that....this thing will be getting lambo doors and already has a full 2.5" exhaust. It is a 1.6 diesel with 940,000 miles on it and an original 4 on the floor. View attachment 129672
Oh man, I am IN for watching updates on that! Please keep us updated!

·
Registered
1985 VW Cabriolet
2,539 Posts
Cut the rusty banged up flares off so that the 14"s can fit. 6" rocketbunny style flares gona get welded up as soon as I get an extra $160 (never at this pace) 12 years in with this turd truck hahahaha. This project is inspired by some really ridiculous Datsun rally car builders at RHD Imports and by the Crome N Kandy lowrider crowd in Spokane. This is not one for the purists or rebuilders. This build is for the crazy imagination off the wall ridiculous garage dreamers and the butcher shop wrongdoers. Its more ok to chop things up nowadays more than ever. For any haters reading this: it really hurt me to cut into this truck, but its a rust bucket and has been stolen and crashed twice and has been everybodys moms borrow truck whenever anyone I knew didnt have a vehicle. Its silly that I am taking precautions against online bullying before anyone even says theyre getting popcorn out or calling a german vehicle build an asian racial slurr but Ive dealt with plenty of hate other forums where I wanted to be a part of and have left 100% because of hate. So please just accept it as it is. Saying all that....this thing will be getting lambo doors and already has a full 2.5" exhaust. It is a 1.6 diesel with 940,000 miles on it and an original 4 on the floor. View attachment 129672
Milwaukee buffer….
Do you like your buffer? I have it and was able to get some solid results with it.

·
Registered
Nine diesels of which five are MK1 VWs
2,346 Posts
Round eye for the square guy.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire Bumper Motor vehicle

MK3 brake booster swap too.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Reactions: deathhare.
10181 - 10200 of 10433 Posts