VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
10421 - 10433 of 10433 Posts

·
Registered
Corrados, rabbits, and bugs oh my!
403 Posts
The bottom nub that pokes inward broke off immediately. But i sealed it all with cynoacrylate after and it holds up good now with the hook :)
I used to work at an aeronautical machine shop. If you want something a little stronger, non marring, and machineable just like wood, try some delrin plastic. We had filler crayons that you heat up and rub over any material removed, let it sit, and the crayon would fill the voids. You can burn the delrin and make the same pattern with any hand saw, then you won’t have an issue with the hook breaking. Doesn’t match the wood theme but…

·
Registered
1985 VW Cabriolet
2,539 Posts
I used to work at an aeronautical machine shop. If you want something a little stronger, non marring, and machineable just like wood, try some delrin plastic. We had filler crayons that you heat up and rub over any material removed, let it sit, and the crayon would fill the voids. You can burn the delrin and make the same pattern with any hand saw, then you won’t have an issue with the hook breaking. Doesn’t match the wood theme but…
Not a bad idea if this breaks completely. Filler crayons sound like what is used on golf clubs heads

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've replaced the rubber hose for brake vaccuum, the old one was almostdonefor.
Also, my timingbelt was eaten from one side a bit, repained the metal top cover and I've found out its the part between the idler pullet and injection pump(diesel):
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design Bicycle part

The metal cover is not bent or anything, what should I do ? add a spacer at that knob where the arrow points to, next to the rubbing?
The injection pump and pulley seems straight on, but the rubbing was not constant, I heard it like at a certain point every revolution of the belt a rub occurred.

·
Registered
Nine diesels of which five are MK1 VWs
2,346 Posts

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Haven't seen this one in a couple of years. I thought you sold it. How is the paint holding up? Looks amazing from here.
yeah it never go to my reserve so i ended up keeping her and im soo thankful it didnt :giggle:
paint still has the flaws it had from the beginning and some more blemishes from paint settling but overall shes still solid.

10421 - 10433 of 10433 Posts