VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31674 Posts

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by a thread in the Corrado forum(which was stolen from the Scirocco forum that was stolen from the Mk1 forum ), I want to know what your mk2 did today. I'll take the initiative of starting our version of this concept. We can pull off more pages than those other forums, 40 pages is what the corrado guys have done in in a span of a year and 8 months as of today(2nd of August '05).
Post up things like, preventive maintenance, tune-ups, engine swaps, bodywork, etc etc etc... ANYTHING related to your Mk2 is welcome!
As for me, I vacuumed out my coupe of broken glass and cleaned out my trunk. too much excitement for me all in one day.

Modified by SaintVR6 at 5:05 PM 8-2-2005

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
Re: What did your do to your Mk2 do today? (SaintVR6)

I drove it to my garage to start ripping out the motor and tranny and the damm thing actually ran good the whole way.
Almost made me not want to rip it apart....almost.

·
Registered
11,686 Posts
Re: What did your do to your Mk2 do today? (madd92jetta)

Squeeled the tires around a turn.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It went with me to the junkyard to go parts finding. It got new door handle pieces. Then it went for a ride through some twisties near my dad's house. After that, it threw up it's windshield washer reservoir.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Re: What did you do to your Mk2 do today? (SaintVR6)

cleaned the teardrops throughly of caked brakedust. polished the exterior, changed oil and put my k-n-N cone filter on.
need a thread on polishing teardrops. or should i upgrade to 5lug for 2001 1.8t wolfsburg rims

·
Registered
1,639 Posts

Quote, originally posted by SaintVR6 »
how much did the CF run you? and is it polyester carbon fibre kevlar carbon fibre?

i bought it at cost from one of my wholesalers, I can get them though, if you want more info send me an IM
-Wanamaker

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Re: What did you do to your Mk2 do today? (Wanamaker)

Cleaned and painted my starter, overflow tank bracket and removed my windsheild. Oh and swapped hoods so the good hood is on the project and the rusty one is on the daily.

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
I drove my car to the gym today 15 miles away only to reject their membership plan. Rear shock was rattling the whole way driving me nuts cause the circlip popped on it. Gotta fix that tomorrow or Thursday hopefully.
Yestarday I replaced my cluster leds, well tried, I had grabbed one from the yard that was burnt out too. So I only got one to work..heheh all that for 1, but good enuff. I also fixed my passengers side window, it wasn't in the rubber track of the door and was getting hung up big time and tight near the top. Now it's in the groove, had to pull the whole panel and take it off the regulator and adjust and replace everything back to normal.
I also picked up a black VW symbol at the yard that day and checked out what they have left of dubs. Looks like they are scrapping them all, I seen a few nice ones there, and now they are gone. I guess they sent them to the crusher..too bad.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts

I repaired a tire and my monza exhaust came in the mail today.Im kinda dissapointed in the quality of this product came a little chiped up, paint on resonator looks as if it was placed in the bag while still tacky.The welds do not look profetional.Other than that looks good cant tell whats on the inside.i cant wait to hear how it sounds.......sorry i had to vent to someone about the way i feel about it

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Re: What did you do to your Mk2 do today? (Wanamaker)

Quote, originally posted by Wanamaker »

i bought it at cost from one of my wholesalers, I can get them though, if you want more info send me an IM
-Wanamaker

hook me up http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Re: What did you do to your Mk2 do today? (chrislane31)

i looked at my recently installed trophy recaro interior in my coupe....and.... looked at my refinished bbs rm's and wondered...hmmmm when installed and slammed.... how bootylicious shall she be

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Re: What did you do to your Mk2 do today? (PlacidVW)

lets just say say between 700 and 900 cdn pesos

i literallly got a steal!!!!

1 - 20 of 31674 Posts