VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
31621 - 31640 of 31674 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Installed my winters and dropped off my trailer with my parents and took the Jetta out for its first winter drive since I've owned it. I also sold my Mk5, so delivered it before driving home again.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,093 Posts

If we hop in the DeLorean and go back to last weekend, I brought my 92 8v to the Greenwich Concours d’Elegance. It was one of the 50 Radwood Royalty cars selected to be on the lawn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Some nice company with the Subaru SVX and Saab 900 Turbo/SPG. (Can't see if it has the wheels and side cladding.)

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm happy to report that the clutch issues are gone after putting a new clutch kit and flywheel in. I got the car back together just in time to drive it around for the last nice day before the PNW rain comes.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Sky

Lots more work to do but I can at least enjoy it a little bit now!

·
Registered
Mk2 Jetta Turbo Diesel
50 Posts
Yesterday I got both rear door handles working again. It has been the better part of a year since the last time I could open either rear door from the outside. haha.

Today took the car in for new rubber. Has been 11 years since last had new tires.
Went for 175/70/13 Dunlop wintermaxx xx. The rumbling that sounded like a bearing going out is gone.

Last week I took the boost cover off Bosch pump. There is a cone under the diaphragm which is offset. On mine it was set to the leanest position. I gave it a half turn and the boost comes up much faster without changing the metering off boost. No visible smoke either. Definitely the motor has more torque and can be driven with less throttle.

31621 - 31640 of 31674 Posts