VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 4714 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i havent seen this thread (for the MK2 that is) yet, so i will get it started!

here is a little update to my Tig.

today i installed a custom, toasted chestnut wood paneling floor. the planks were almost perfect size and only needed 8 pieces wide. we made the measurements off of the weather liner from factory and cut and sanded down for an exact fit. on the back side we installed 3 strips of wood for added structural integrity, then installed a custom nickel handle so it can be removed to access everything underneath the floor. the LED strip was plugged into the light socket in the rear and simply used double sided 3M tape to hold it in place, then just tucked the extra wiring under the plastic molding to hide. . lined with a 48 LED strip for lighting. went with this color to complement the dark moss green metallic paint and think it matches well in person.
also installed the DEautokey H7RC HID kit...but we all know what that looks like haha.

here is the flooring...

and here is a picture in the garage with the light off, to show the brightness of the LED strip and floor.

the headlights.....
this was a straight pain in the ass!!!! hahaha it took us a solid 3 hours to get both headlights seated, twisted and secured and installed. i have never had so much trouble with a headlight install as i did yesterday, but we did get them in correctly without having to remove the headlight itself. the output is perfect! and i am very happy with the results. just not happy with how long it took haha

so far, here is how my Tig is sitting as of this moment with a full list of mods...

1. full de-badge
2. H&R sport springs - springs from MK7 GTI
3. 19x9 Mallory wheels - VW OEM wheels from 2016 Tiguan R-Line
4. custom cat-back exhaust into cherry bomb (keeping it old school lol)
5. H7RC HID headlight conversion - deautokey
6. LED foglights - OPT7 fluxbeam
7. window tint
8. custom toasted chestnut wood flooring for trunk with 48 LED light strip
9. custom APK edited app to allow youtube video playback on main screen - http://www.thekirankumar.com/blog/2017/12/29/play-youtube-video-android-auto-app/

all in all, i think the Tig is coming along nicely. still trying to source the perfect wheels for it but im in no real hurry as i really enjoy the Mallory wheels that are on it now.

but enough about me, what have you done to your Tiguan today?

·
Registered
8 Posts
i havent seen this thread (for the MK2 that is) yet, so i will get it started!

here is a little update to my Tig.

today i installed a custom, toasted chestnut wood paneling floor. the planks were almost perfect size and only needed 8 pieces wide. we made the measurements off of the weather liner from factory and cut and sanded down for an exact fit. on the back side we installed 3 strips of wood for added structural integrity, then installed a custom nickel handle so it can be removed to access everything underneath the floor. the LED strip was plugged into the light socket in the rear and simply used double sided 3M tape to hold it in place, then just tucked the extra wiring under the plastic molding to hide. . lined with a 48 LED strip for lighting. went with this color to complement the dark moss green metallic paint and think it matches well in person.
also installed the DEautokey H7RC HID kit...but we all know what that looks like haha.

here is the flooring...

and here is a picture in the garage with the light off, to show the brightness of the LED strip and floor.

the headlights.....
this was a straight pain in the ass!!!! hahaha it took us a solid 3 hours to get both headlights seated, twisted and secured and installed. i have never had so much trouble with a headlight install as i did yesterday, but we did get them in correctly without having to remove the headlight itself. the output is perfect! and i am very happy with the results. just not happy with how long it took haha

so far, here is how my Tig is sitting as of this moment with a full list of mods...

1. full de-badge
2. H&R sport springs - springs from MK7 GTI
3. 19x9 Mallory wheels - VW OEM wheels from 2016 Tiguan R-Line
4. custom cat-back exhaust into cherry bomb (keeping it old school lol)
5. H7RC HID headlight conversion - deautokey
6. LED foglights - OPT7 fluxbeam
7. window tint
8. custom toasted chestnut wood flooring for trunk with 48 LED light strip
9. custom APK edited app to allow youtube video playback on main screen - http://www.thekirankumar.com/blog/2017/12/29/play-youtube-video-android-auto-app/

all in all, i think the Tig is coming along nicely. still trying to source the perfect wheels for it but im in no real hurry as i really enjoy the Mallory wheels that are on it now.

but enough about me, what have you done to your Tiguan today?
looks great with the drop. hows the ride quality? harsh at all?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks great with the drop. hows the ride quality? harsh at all?
thank you!
ride quality is amazing! i have always been happy with H&R springs. there is that bumpiness with sport springs, but nothing too drastic and honestly any car on lowering springs will have it. but i love it and my wife doesnt mind it at all!

Have any shots from the rear? I'm debating whether or not to de-badge the Tig.
i do have shots from the rear...unfortunately these pictures were before i debadged...but i will snag some shots for you.

DO IT!

We lucked out too on the front badge. Badgeless grill and done...no hood notch to fill. :thumbup:
and yes! i was so happy that nothing had to be removed on the front grill or hood!

Reactions: VincentAnthonyy

·
Registered
21 Posts
Damn dude, it seriously looks SO clean. Almost makes me wish I got the Moss Green instead of Habanero. I need to find me a set of the Mallory wheels. A local here is selling a full set for $1k which seemed a bit steep for me.

Also, any ideas where we can find a badgeless grill or clear side reflectors? I'm having difficulties find accessories for the MQB Tigs.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn dude, it seriously looks SO clean. Almost makes me wish I got the Moss Green instead of Habanero. I need to find me a set of the Mallory wheels. A local here is selling a full set for $1k which seemed a bit steep for me.

Also, any ideas where we can find a badgeless grill or clear side reflectors? I'm having difficulties find accessories for the MQB Tigs.
thank you, the compliments are much appreciated!

not sure where to find a badgeless grill...i though all MQB Tigs were badgeless grills.

but for the side markers, that is a Beetle part! 2012 beetle front reflectors will fit our MQB Tiguan!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
What I did to my Mk2 Tiguan recently

I thought someone else should add to this thread just so it wasn't all just about one car. Not today, but recently I added a few goodies to my new 2018 Tiguan.
I have no interest in more expensive wheels and tires, and I have no interest in lowering my car, one of the reasons I bought it is that it is higher than my old Jetta (I'm an old fart). However, I did get rid of the useless little tray on my dashboard and installed the self dimming HomeLink mirror with compass. I have no idea why my SE instrument panel does not include a compass already.

Have Fun!

Don

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
not sure where to find a badgeless grill...i though all MQB Tigs were badgeless grills.
I and he meant from the VW emblem. It's probably too early still. Someone is bound to make one. I presume you mean like no "TIGUAN" or whatever snapped to the front grill. Soon as someone makes one with no VW emblem I'll be on it!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought someone else should add to this thread just so it wasn't all just about one car. Not today, but recently I added a few goodies to my new 2018 Tiguan.
I have no interest in more expensive wheels and tires, and I have no interest in lowering my car, one of the reasons I bought it is that it is higher than my old Jetta (I'm an old fart). However, I did get rid of the useless little tray on my dashboard and installed the self dimming HomeLink mirror with compass. I have no idea why my SE instrument panel does not include a compass already.

https://imgur.com/a/COkPz

Have Fun!

Don
HAHA thats exactly why i made this thread! its for all of us to post in and show off what we are doing to our cars.

I and he meant from the VW emblem. It's probably too early still. Someone is bound to make one. I presume you mean like no "TIGUAN" or whatever snapped to the front grill. Soon as someone makes one with no VW emblem I'll be on it!
ahhh i see now.
yea, no clue. but i agree with you, i think its just too early for that type of mod.

not to mention, that front "VW" emblem is HUGE! hahaha

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
First oil change :). Also discovered that oil and trany pans are plastic made. Low riders, you have been warned.. Time for a skid plate
That’s pathetic. I would have to assume that there’s enough similarities between these motors and the GTI’s 2.0T that we’d be able to convert to, what are they? Aluminum or hybrid with steel bottoms? I know nothing about Mk5’s and newer haha.

1 - 20 of 4714 Posts