VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
4101 - 4120 of 4270 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SEL Rline and 2021 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport S
5 Posts
Drove it. Bought our 2022 SEL Rline two days ago. Replaced a 2020 Mazda CX5 GT that should have been the car this Tiguan seems to be. The CX5 was great around town, but miserably uncomfortable front seats for any extended time. Previously had a 2016 Passat which was quite comfortable, so we took a chance that the new platform Tiguan had some of that DNA in it. Took a 230 mile test trip today and the Tiguan outdrove the CX5 in every way, most importantly- the front seats are comfortable for road tripping. Got 29.7 mpg, which was a nice surprise. Looking forward to enjoying future long trips with this car!

·
Registered
121 Posts
How was the install? Was it plug and play ? All steering wheel functions work properly? , looks amazing btw !!
It wasn't bad at all, 15 minute process, just need a few hand tools but nothing major.

As for the wheel It's plug and play, no coding required, it functions exactly like the factory wheel but with paddle shifters.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
231 Posts
It wasn't bad at all, 15 minute process, just need a few hand tools but nothing major.

As for the wheel It's plug and play, no coding required, it functions exactly like the factory wheel but with paddle shifters.
Was there concern about the airbag?
Any steps to avoid an airbag issue?
Didn't have to disconnect the battery?
Do you recall what tools were involved?

I "might" miss the heating (although I've not used mine yet and NEVER had one in the last 64 yrs..lol)

Awesome looking wheel....

Bob.

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SEL R-Line
42 Posts
Gave my rim curb rash today parking, this car is 3 weeks old, I am so mad at myself, any wheel protection package I can buy right now? Or was the dealer for real when he said I can't buy those plans after the fact? I know I have till warranty end to extend that ?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Gave my rim curb rash today parking, this car is 3 weeks old, I am so mad at myself, any wheel protection package I can buy right now? Or was the dealer for real when he said I can't buy those plans after the fact? I know I have till warranty end to extend that ?
After you walk out the wheel package is gone. That blows. Makes me glad I went ahead and got it since I don’t see changing out wheels anytime soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate the wheels but they were cheap. The solowerks ride ok for the price. And threw my color matched box off my alltrack on for my trip across the us in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Any issues with the solowerks coilovers ? Still undecided between solwerks or H&R or Eibach springs? Any advice ?

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
231 Posts
I just put those same flaps on my 21 and they fit like a glove. No drilling and you can use your stock hardware (even though it comes with phillips screws)...

Bob.

4101 - 4120 of 4270 Posts