VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
4321 - 4340 of 4714 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
673 Posts
Dan, I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit.
Graduated from Western Michigan University with a BS in Computer Systems Engineering (back when it didn't cost 2 arms and 2 legs to attend college).
The only reason we moved to oHIo was because I had a sister-in-law who worked in employment recruiting. (strangely enough she did not play into my or my wife's employment).
3 sons later and almost 32 yrs. of working for the same company (now retired for 5 yrs), I am still here.

This was not the destination I desired.

SHIP happens.

Bob.

·
Registered
2020 VW Tiguan SE R-Line-Unitronic Stage 1+, Neuspeed BBKs, 2 sets of custom forge wheels
151 Posts
How did this turn out? Did this get rid of the clunk? Are you running the golf r springs?
Nope, the clunk on the front still there. It did not solve it. It ride stiffer in a good way and I don’t feel the sudden dive when making turn going into the highway or off. I’m on OEM springs.

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SEL R-line
53 Posts
Just had new shoes installed with CrossClimate2s. Still waiting on center caps that fit the new wheels. Don't mind the mud and dirt. It's slushy snow season right now. Lol

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Tiguan SE R-Line 4Motion
30 Posts
Nope, the clunk on the front still there. It did not solve it. It ride stiffer in a good way and I don’t feel the sudden dive when making turn going into the highway or off. I’m on OEM springs.
Interesting. So I just double checked with bilstein and their drop kit(46-276001) for the tiguan is actually B6 and not B8 as I presumed from some other text they stated with their B12 kits. So its interesting that you are still getting bottoming on stock springs. Maybe the factory designed length was never enough for how much the suspension travels?

·
Registered
2020 VW Tiguan SE R-Line-Unitronic Stage 1+, Neuspeed BBKs, 2 sets of custom forge wheels
151 Posts
Interesting. So I just double checked with bilstein and their drop kit(46-276001) for the tiguan is actually B6 and not B8 as I presumed from some other text they stated with their B12 kits. So its interesting that you are still getting bottoming on stock springs. Maybe the factory designed length was never enough for how much the suspension travels?
The clunk happen when the front wheels of the car hits a big drop going fast. I don’t think is the struts. It’s possibly the springs and other OEM suspension components. I thought the bilstein lowering Kit comes with the B8. Anyway, I don’t plan to go that route. I’m likely will trade in for the new Toyota 4Runner in 3 years.

·
Registered
16,917 Posts
Dan, I grew up in the suburbs of Detroit.
Graduated from Western Michigan University with a BS in Computer Systems Engineering (back when it didn't cost 2 arms and 2 legs to attend college).
The only reason we moved to oHIo was because I had a sister-in-law who worked in employment recruiting. (strangely enough she did not play into my or my wife's employment).
3 sons later and almost 32 yrs. of working for the same company (now retired for 5 yrs), I am still here.

This was not the destination I desired.

SHIP happens.

Bob.
I kid, lol

I grew up in Canton, lived in White Lake for a while, and now live in Livonia

·
Registered
524 Posts
Anyone checked out Racingline.com, specifically air-intake-r600-r600evo
I have the r600 in my 2019 Tig and my 2018 Golf R. Love it. The Evo is for the newer MQB EVO platform (mk8 golf) but I think the non evo is what you would still need for your 2022 Tig.

·
Registered
524 Posts
This is a very quiet intake, you get a little more induction noise but I also have the Turbo Inlet Pipe from CTS. Its a closed box so at the end of the day it pulls in more fresh air with a wider opening but its pretty quiet. You need to get the one specific to the Tig in North America that requires the MAF sensor. I also special ordered the cloth filter variant rather than the foam one it comes with. ECS makes an inlet pipe as well thats compatible with the MAF. I'm tuned so thought it would make a nice upgrade to my overall breathing (I have a Golf R exhaust retrofitted as well). The OE intake on this car is more than adequate so I effectively did it for looks, a little bit of sound and its fun to have it look the same as my Golf R.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
673 Posts
I'm sorry, but is there something going on with your bumper?
The picture makes it look like the driver's lower section is sticking out WAY more than the left????

Optics, maybe.
Sorry.

Bob.

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SE 2.0 TSI (NAR)
13 Posts
Finally after almost three months I got one of these bad boys today. I am still waiting for the other one and just as I am thinking they look like a solid build I heard some rattling inside, opened one of the bulb covers/caps and these two small plastic parts “fell” out.

View attachment 140333
View attachment 140331
View attachment 140330
View attachment 140332
Was this a plug and play upgrade where the Tig automatically detected AFS and it showed up on the menu or did you have to do some wiring and programming?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Obligatory first post.

2019 se Dark Moss Green Metallic Tigy w/ 30k miles that I bought for the wife. Jan 5th, 2022

This weekend:
Fully detailed it washed polished and waxed.
Blacked out chrome (Plasti dip) ok results may take it to get it wrapped. (didn't to grill due to having the ali express covers on the way)
blacked out rear emblem and SE badge
Removed rear tint that some one put on top of the already tinted windows (couldn't see at night)
Changed rear cargo light to led
Added dynamic center caps
CERAKOTE trim pieces. Looks great will update on how long it lasts
Added arm rest console insert
Added vw emblem rubber cup holder inverts
Added Amazon rear hatch cover aftermarket. Not recommended. :/

Ordered parts on the way:
Ali express foglights
Led marker lights
Dash board console
Black out grill inserts
Blacked out emblems
Tuxmats
black aluminum Rear bummer protector
Vw logo door lights
Rear under seat ac vent covers
R-line door hinge covers
R-line steering wheel add on

Items I'm looking at adding:
Dynamic rear LED markers
Extra trunk lights Ali express. Wondering on wiring.
Looking into aftermarket rear tailgate lifts (auto)
Dash cams
Probably wheels but I kind of like these 17's they don't look bad
I would mind lowering it but it's the wife's car... So she will prob yell at me lol. But they look so good lowered lol.
Prob will do ceramic tint. To keep out the heat. Located in Cali and in "winter" right now lol like high 60's lol but can already feel the heat. I have the big glass sun roof and I can already feel the heat.
Debating on drilled and cross sloted rotors. Fronts seam to feel a bit warped and might as well upgrade.
Vehicle Automotive lighting Window Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light
Vehicle Automotive lighting Window Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Window

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Wheel

4321 - 4340 of 4714 Posts