VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
4341 - 4360 of 4713 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SE 2.0 TSI (NAR)
13 Posts
Obligatory first post.

2019 se Dark Moss Green Metallic Tigy w/ 30k miles that I bought for the wife. Jan 5th, 2022

This weekend:
Fully detailed it washed polished and waxed.
Blacked out chrome (Plasti dip) ok results may take it to get it wrapped. (didn't to grill due to having the ali express covers on the way)
blacked out rear emblem and SE badge
Removed rear tint that some one put on top of the already tinted windows (couldn't see at night)
Changed rear cargo light to led
Added dynamic center caps
CERAKOTE trim pieces. Looks great will update on how long it lasts
Added arm rest console insert
Added vw emblem rubber cup holder inverts
Added Amazon rear hatch cover aftermarket. Not recommended. :/

Ordered parts on the way:
Ali express foglights
Led marker lights
Dash board console
Black out grill inserts
Blacked out emblems
Tuxmats
black aluminum Rear bummer protector
Vw logo door lights
Rear under seat ac vent covers
R-line door hinge covers
R-line steering wheel add on

Items I'm looking at adding:
Dynamic rear LED markers
Extra trunk lights Ali express. Wondering on wiring.
Looking into aftermarket rear tailgate lifts (auto)
Dash cams
Probably wheels but I kind of like these 17's they don't look bad
I would mind lowering it but it's the wife's car... So she will prob yell at me lol. But they look so good lowered lol.
Prob will do ceramic tint. To keep out the heat. Located in Cali and in "winter" right now lol like high 60's lol but can already feel the heat. I have the big glass sun roof and I can already feel the heat.
Debating on drilled and cross sloted rotors. Fronts seam to feel a bit warped and might as well upgrade. View attachment 149710
View attachment 149712 View attachment 149710
View attachment 149707
View attachment 149711
View attachment 149708
View attachment 149709
View attachment 149706
View attachment 149705
@ratfalia nice work! Did you remove the chrome window trim and if so, did you find a guide on how to do it?

·
Premium Member
22 | VW | Tiguan SEL R-Line | Oryx White
306 Posts
Busted out the new OBDELEVEN. Made some changes on 2022 Tiguan SEL R-Line:
1. Lock vehicle from key-fob with ignition and engine running.
2. Display R Logo in Digital Cluster.
3. Change Digital Cluster Gauge Appearance w/ Narrow Font Lettering/Numbers
4. Lap Timer
5. Pulsing Start Button
6. Removed all Blocked screens for input into infotainment center while moving. Menus, Media, Navigation, etc.
7. Key-fob closes windows with long press
8. Disabled Seat Belt Warning
9. Disabled Ignition On Warning
(To make all of these changes, the Hood has to be open. Weird, but it worked.)

Attempted:
1. Remove Reverse Camera, "Look! Safe to move?" - car freaked out, all ACC systems error.
2. Gauge Needle Sweep - even though enabled, no sweep.

To Do:
1. Increase the amount of time before the vehicle alerts to steering input from driver.
2. Adjust Lane Assist to favor middle of road.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
669 Posts
Pretty sure 7 worked in my vehicle with no coding. (It also does the Pano Roof)
Curious about 3.
Would like code for 6. :)
Gauge sweep does not work with MIB3 vehicles (I know).
Let me know how you come out with the To Do list...please...

Bob.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Pretty sure 7 worked in my vehicle with no coding. (It also does the Pano Roof)
Curious about 3.
Would like code for 6. :)
Gauge sweep does not work with MIB3 vehicles (I know).
Let me know how you come out with the To Do list...please...

Bob.
Windows Down works by default, not windows up. Pressing the door button and holding it closes the windows. The roll up with keyfob never worked for me.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
669 Posts
Hrmmm.
You're right.
Normal scenario is hold the sensor on the door handle to close all windows and Pano.
Sorry. I misread.
I think a long press and hold (of the OPEN button) for mine will open all windows (not the Pano)

Bob.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Hrmmm.
You're right.
Normal scenario is hold the sensor on the door handle to close all windows and Pano.
Sorry. I misread.
I think a long press and hold (of the OPEN button) for mine will open all windows (not the Pano)

Bob.
Correct, but you can enable the pano to open as well but i don't personally care for the pano to open

·
Registered
345 Posts
Busted out the new OBDELEVEN. Made some changes on 2022 Tiguan SEL R-Line:
1. Lock vehicle from key-fob with ignition and engine running.
2. Display R Logo in Digital Cluster.
3. Change Digital Cluster Gauge Appearance w/ Narrow Font Lettering/Numbers
4. Lap Timer
5. Pulsing Start Button
6. Removed all Blocked screens for input into infotainment center while moving. Menus, Media, Navigation, etc.
7. Key-fob closes windows with long press
8. Disabled Seat Belt Warning
9. Disabled Ignition On Warning
(To make all of these changes, the Hood has to be open. Weird, but it worked.)

Attempted:
1. Remove Reverse Camera, "Look! Safe to move?" - car freaked out, all ACC systems error.
2. Gauge Needle Sweep - even though enabled, no sweep.

To Do:
1. Increase the amount of time before the vehicle alerts to steering input from driver.
2. Adjust Lane Assist to favor middle of road.
I don’t believe it’s possible to change #1 in your To Do list. If you do happen to figure out a way to do that, please share how though many others have not been able to do that.

One other you may want to consider is to keep the sunroof closing when you turn the car off. By default, if you turn off the car while it’s closing (in motion) it stops where it is.

Cheers…
DoC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I don’t believe it’s possible to change #1 in your To Do list. If you do happen to figure out a way to do that, please share how though many others have not been able to do that.

One other you may want to consider is to keep the sunroof closing when you turn the car off. By default, if you turn off the car while it’s closing (in motion) it stops where it is.

Cheers…
DoC

I don't use the sunroof much to be honest, I'm a vampire, the darker the better lol If I figure out the time before driver input is required I will certainly post it up.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don't use the sunroof much to be honest, I'm a vampire, the darker the better lol If I figure out the time before driver input is required I will certainly post it up.
Pretty sure that timer is hard coded for obvious reasons. That said, there is a way to defeat (cheat) the system and keep that timer from even starting.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Can you please share which adaptions you did to make 6;7;8;9 working?

Thanks!
Disable ‘Auto-Unlock’ when putting in Park
, Setting is under:
Body Control
Module 09 (Central Electronics),
you have to adjust the adaption channel "(25)-Access control-Autounlock NAR" from "Active" to "Not Active".
(I personally found by going to Coding instead of Adaption, and scrolling down to ZV Komfort, selecting ZV Komfort listed Autounlock NAR which I set to Not Active was the easiest way to locate this.)

Disable ‘Ignition On’ Alarm
 -'This disabled the ignition on alarm which is activated when the drivers door is opened.'
Module 17

Adaptation

Search ‘Ignition’

Select “Ignition Active Message, Actuator”
 - Set to ‘No Display’

Allow enter address/text while driving including access to all Vehicle menus which were previously blocked while driving.
1. Control Unit 5F
2. Security Access 20103
3. Adaptations
4. Search “Locked”, change all values from Blocked to Non_Blocked
(These remaining last steps 5. - 7. weren't necessary, up to you...)
5. Long Coding
6. Go to Byte 23
7. Uncheck all items (value for Byte 23 should be 00)

Seat Belt Warning Deactivation - '
Disables the audible seat belt warning.'
Select Control unit 17 (Dashboard)

Adaptation

Select : Disable channel belt warning

Value:Yes

Control unit long coding

Byte 0

Bit 2-4 Deactivate
Open/close windows with keyfob

Windows open when holding down the unlock button on the key fob. - 'Also close when holding lock button.'

-Select Control Unit 09 (Central Electronics)
-Security Access 31347
-Select Adaptations
-ZV Komfort
-Set Funk Komfort Schliessen: Not Active -> Active (**This is the only setting you should have to change, but in case your key-fob isn't programmed to open your windows I've included those below.)
-Set Funk Komfort Oefnnen: Not Active -> Active
-Set Comfort Opening: Not Active -> Active
-Set Comfort Opening: Not Active -> Active

(9) – Zugangskontrolle 2 – SAD Richtung Komfortöffnen auswählen
Change to Active
Windows operate after turning off ignition and opening door
Lets you still operate windows after turning off ignition and opening door

-Select Control Unit 09
-Select Adaptations
-Select ZV Komfort
-Set Freigabenachlauf FH bei Tueroeffnen abbrechen: Active -> Not Active

Lap Timer Activation
Enable the Lap Timer in the cluster.
Select Control unit 17 (Dashboard)
Control unit Long Coding
Byte 1
Bit 3 Activate

Lock Vehicle With Remote While Running
09 - Central Electronics
Security Code 31347
Adaptation
Set (1) Access control - Funk bei Klemm 15 ein to Active

Change Digital Dash Themes - 'Change the gauges theme to different styes'

-Select Control Unit 17
-Select Adaptations
-Set Display depiction : Choose version (changes on dash in real time)

Add R Logo to Digital Dash
Change the gauges theme to different styes

-Select Control Unit 17
-Select Adaptations
-Search R Logo : Once Selected… Choose version (changes on dash in real time)

Known Security Codes!
Module access codes:
Module (01): 27971
Module (03): 40168
Module (09): 31347
Module (10): 71679
Module (13): 14117
Module (17): 25327 or 20103
Module (19): 20103
Module (44): 19249
Module (5F): 20103
Module (A5): 20103

·
Registered
2022 Tiguan SE 2.0 TSI (NAR)
13 Posts
No I just Plasti dipped them. It's like a spray on (removal) vinal spray. It came out ok but may end up getting it wrapped instead.
@ratfalia sorry, I didn't phrase my question so well. Meant to ask if you found instructions/tips on how to remove the chrome window trim before plasti dipping them. For wrapping, is that essentially doing it yourself with a roll of blackout vinyl or something more tailored?

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
@Burkett.ACB , how did you get the speed limit on the dash?

Also, I had tried the Select Depiction thing a few months ago and it didn't work.
But, I didn't have the hood open, will try again, thanks!

Bob.
MUST HAVE HOOD OPEN FOR THE 22 TIGUAN!!!! :)
- ya, the depictions one if tough, the Tiguan only has 4 versions, and two of them are the stock gauges, where it changes things if the FONT and the alternate split view screen. When you select them, make sure to flip through your different views to see all the changes. But the STOCK gauges and what Gauges you see in the photos I posted are the only gauges for our model available. (Least that's what it seems like.)

The Speed Limit in Display is in your Settings for your vehicle safety features. Go to CAR, ASSISTANCE SYSTEMS (I think), tap on the Speed Limit sign in the displayed image, you can enable the road signs show in display. This is automatically configured on all new 22' Tiguan SEL from factory without having to code anything.

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
669 Posts
Pretty sure the 21 has the same digital dash as the 22's (mine looks just like yours with WHITE LED's going up for GAS and Water TEMP).
I know I don't have the selection for the SPEED LIMIT in my Assist area (but I can look again).
I'm not real crazy about the VW nav system. At least for me, I get very few street names on my maps.
In fact when I was at my dealer, which is located just off of I-70 and I-75 (major crossroads for the US) it didn't even display NAMES/NUMBERS....dumb.
I use WAZE, and while you can't move it to the dash, it does show turn info in the dash.

Bob.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
Pretty sure the 21 has the same digital dash as the 22's (mine looks just like yours with WHITE LED's going up for GAS and Water TEMP).
I know I don't have the selection for the SPEED LIMIT in my Assist area (but I can look again).
I'm not real crazy about the VW nav system. At least for me, I get very few street names on my maps.
In fact when I was at my dealer, which is located just off of I-70 and I-75 (major crossroads for the US) it didn't even display NAMES/NUMBERS....dumb.
I use WAZE, and while you can't move it to the dash, it does show turn info in the dash.

Bob.
My bad, just realized you have the 21', I'm not sure if you can enable it for your year depending on the equipment you have...

·
Registered
2021 SEL Premium RLine
669 Posts
I WAS just able to bring up the R-Line logo (not your new one, but the older one). Pretty sweet.
I'll have to dig around a bit to see if/where I'm able to enable that speed limit info....

Bob.

4341 - 4360 of 4713 Posts