VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46441 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just traded in my CW MKV R32 for a Jetta SE 2.5 with Automatic :) I've been searching around here for a few days and can't really find but 1 or 2 pics of user's rides. So... Post up your pics of your 2011 Jetta Sedan with our without mods.

Also, just wondering, does anyone know if the ALL Jetta SE's come with 'leatherette' or do some have cloth.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Also, just wondering, does anyone know if the ALL Jetta SE's come with 'leatherette' or do some have cloth.
I'm 99% certain that they all come with leatherette. Which is silly... I think that the $23 they spent on leatherette would have been better applied to upgrading the interior plastics. Then leatherette could have been in an options package with the sunroof and alloys.

Edit...

Unrelated, but does anyone else feel like the new wide plate recesses on the Jetta and US Passat have a distinctly MkII/B2 feel? I definitely thought this when I saw it on the Jetta, but I think that the resemblance is even more uncanny on the Passat. It reminds me of the 80s when VW didn't tailor their plate brackets to the US.

·
Registered
31,930 Posts
Not critisizing you, of course, but I think it's stupid, how car manufacturers these days make cars very unforgiving with painting the bumpers all the way down and even making it worse by putting this kind of shapes to them. Park in front of a high curb or a snow bank and the painted, pretty lip there is the first one to scrape it. The Polo has the same design, and Polo is a women's city car.

·
Registered
9,460 Posts
I'm 99% certain that they all come with leatherette. Which is silly... I think that the $23 they spent on leatherette would have been better applied to upgrading the interior plastics. Then leatherette could have been in an options package with the sunroof and alloys.

Edit...

Unrelated, but does anyone else feel like the new wide plate recesses on the Jetta and US Passat have a distinctly MkII/B2 feel? I definitely thought this when I saw it on the Jetta, but I think that the resemblance is even more uncanny on the Passat. It reminds me of the 80s when VW didn't tailor their plate brackets to the US.
Not really because when I see a new MKV Jetta I think of this....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so how much are you hating life right now? :eek::laugh:
More than you could possibly know, man. I pick it up tomorrow after work and I seriously am depressed over it. I've got a kid on the way so I gotta get off the .:R style payments :)

I've got an extra set of the OEM MKV R32 wheels (18x8, not sure bout offset) and i'm thinking i'll throw those on this spring once i can get my hands on some springs (no money for coils or i'd just have kept the .:R) and that should make it at least tolerable to drive...

I really do NOT want to mod this car but has anybody ever done the unitronic 2.5 chip before? is the 8HP in ANY WAY noticeable?

BTW - GREAT pics guys, those Bently's are crazy and i can't believe how good this car looks 'bagged. This thread made me feel a lot better :)

·
Registered
19,469 Posts
More than you could possibly know, man. I pick it up tomorrow after work and I seriously am depressed over it. I've got a kid on the way so I gotta get off the .:R style payments :)

I've got an extra set of the OEM MKV R32 wheels (18x8, not sure bout offset) and i'm thinking i'll throw those on this spring once i can get my hands on some springs (no money for coils or i'd just have kept the .:R) and that should make it at least tolerable to drive...

I really do NOT want to mod this car but has anybody ever done the unitronic 2.5 chip before? is the 8HP in ANY WAY noticeable?

BTW - GREAT pics guys, those Bently's are crazy and i can't believe how good this car looks 'bagged. This thread made me feel a lot better :)
LOL I was just gonna ask why you did the switch. :laugh:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bought my 2.5 Comfortline line last thursday, it may be in today or tomorrow. Cant wait to pick it up, pics soon :)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Picked it up last night. I have no idea how i'm going to be able to do this and am, frankly, quite depressed about the whole thing.

I'm thinking my .:R wheels might be a bit too big so i'm thinking about selling them 1 at a time and just getting some 17" somethings off tire rack.

1 - 20 of 46441 Posts