VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
25281 - 25300 of 46599 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Both on Sunday, but took off the red accent on my grill. So much cleaner......

... and paid the most I've ever paid for 50 litres of gas.

:banghead: :mad:

·
Registered
239 Posts
... and paid the most I've ever paid for 50 litres of gas.
I only fill up with 94 octane from chevron, and right now it's $1.8/L where I live, and that will probably only go up as tourist season kicks in.

And can't wait to see your exhaust tips mictur, I just went with the chrome but I thought the heated tips looked pretty cool.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I only fill up with 94 octane from chevron, and right now it's $1.8/L where I live, and that will probably only go up as tourist season kicks in.

And can't wait to see your exhaust tips mictur, I just went with the chrome but I thought the heated tips looked pretty cool.
I have like a love hate relationship with them. I'm praying they look good. Ill keep you posted

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's an OEM GLI badge from an Mk4 Jetta and I purchased it from Amazon for about $34 shipped. I attempted to trim the tabs to match the mk6 GLI badge tabs but its damn near impossible. So I just removed them completely with a dremel and used gorilla glue to mount the mk4 badge over the existing spot. If you decided its not your taste after mounting, the original GLI badge will cover any glue residue if you have any.
I was very close to buying that same exact gli front badge. I ended up not buying it because I thought I was going to have fitment issues. I guess I was wrong.
I just ended up using the same badge I used for the rear. I peeled the chromed gli lettering of the mounting plate and stuk on the red ones.

:thumbup: Awesome work

I remember reading the forge spacer was s bitch to get to on the gen 3's .. I'm not sure if I seen anyone with them on it yet. Congrats the the car though!
Tank you. Its a fun car. I wish now wouldve gone for the 30 edition. But is cool. All I really like are the 30 edition's headlights. Which I cam get aftermrket or wait till vw has them. Im happy with my autobahn. Cant wait to lower the thing though.

Yes I heard the same so I went ahead and checked it out for myself. From what I can tell when I went and looked under my hood, is that it shouldnt be too hard. I can reach the stock valve with no problem. Only thing I saw was that theres a hard line, about an 1"-1 1/2" running across, right on top of 2 of the valve's bolts. Which will make it pretty hard to get a tool in there. But Im still not sure, I still have to inspect it more. I might just be able to push the line to the side a bit.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Tank you. Its a fun car. I wish now wouldve gone for the 30 edition. But is cool. All I really like are the 30 edition's headlights. Which I cam get aftermrket or wait till vw has them. Im happy with my autobahn. Cant wait to lower the thing though.

Yes I heard the same so I went ahead and checked it out for myself. From what I can tell when I went and looked under my hood, is that it shouldnt be too hard. I can reach the stock valve with no problem. Only thing I saw was that theres a hard line, about an 1"-1 1/2" running across, right on top of 2 of the valve's bolts. Which will make it pretty hard to get a tool in there. But Im still not sure, I still have to inspect it more. I might just be able to push the line to the side a bit.
All they had around were Edition 30s when I bought mine .. I had them get an autobahn from NY shipped down. Personally, I hated the changes they made to the edition 30 ..especially the seats and the red stripe in the xenons ... but that's just me :D

I think there was a clearance issue with the spacer itself too, but they might have come out with a lower profile by now.

·
Registered
559 Posts
downright terrible Ipotato picture of my GLI with the wrap finally done :beer:

Beautiful Jetta man! Love the color of the wrap.

Time to graduate to a big boys phone with some decent hardware and leave the crapple iPhone. I went android about two years ago after having every iteration of iPhone and never looked back. I have a MacBook Air so I'm not biased against apple I just really dislike their tiny underpowered phones lol.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

25281 - 25300 of 46599 Posts