VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
25,301 - 25,320 of 46,639 Posts
downright terrible Ipotato picture of my GLI with the wrap finally done :beer:

looks dipped.

lol jk, looks great Ryan.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I only fill up with 94 octane from chevron, and right now it's $1.8/L where I live, ....
I try to use 94 as much as possible too (but I was on fumes and had no choice), and it would have been close to the same price if I had.... :beer: :banghead:

New here...please help

So i got a price on a black vinyl roof for 250$ tax and installation in do you guys think that is a good deal.
and i have benen looking at some 2 crave alloy wheels no 13 size 18x7.5 with an et40 will these fit if i deciede to lower abit and i am wondering what tire i should put on them??

So i got a price on a black vinyl roof for 250$ tax and installation in do you guys think that is a good deal.
and i have benen looking at some 2 crave alloy wheels no 13 size 18x7.5 with an et40 will these fit if i deciede to lower abit and i am wondering what tire i should put on them??
Im not too sure about that price. I know that you can get the vinyl wrap for the roof online for $40 so thats quite a bit for the install. Also that wheel size should be fine, I'm running 19x8 on coils. As for tire size I would not be too sure, best of luck though, I am sure someone will know a good tire size for you! :wave::D

While vinyl as a material is inexpensive it's really the labor you are paying for. I was quoted $200 to do my roof so your quote sounds reasonable. Though, if you can do it yourself or source it out as side work for someone else you will get a better deal.

I won't be any help as far as wheels go though. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Installed RNS 510

:p. I installed a new RNS 510 today and it literally took five minutes! Sirius, back up camera, navigation, DVD player, phone, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls.... Everything works like brand new,,, bigger screen AND navigation

If anybody is looking for a like brand new 2014 RNS 315 LMK
This 30th is basically finished now... APR tune, coil overs, RNS 510. It's good to go

Ok. Maybe not totally finished. Stage 2, APR intake, exhaust , bigger brakes ect ect 

:p. I installed a new RNS 510 today and it literally took five minutes! Sirius, back up camera, navigation, DVD player, phone, Bluetooth, steering wheel controls.... Everything works like brand new,,, bigger screen AND navigation

This 30th is basically finished now... APR tune, coil overs, RNS 510. It's good to go

Ok. Maybe not totally finished. Stage 2, APR intake, exhaust , bigger brakes ect ect 
God that 30th looks sexy as hell! :thumbup:

I just went from an RCD-510 in my SE to the RNS-510 as well. Which revision did you purchase? I found a 'G' version from a 2013 Passat for a steal of a deal. After the swap and a 3min coding with my VCDS it works flawlessly. LOVE IT so far.
Playing Avenged Sevenfold Live DVD in it as I drive is pretty sweet. My cousin was pretty dumbfounded when he saw I could play DVDs in motion after the hack.

I'm curious to know how you went about the Bluetooth? The RNS-315 has built-in BT and the RNS uses the external module under the pass. seat.

So you said u had RNS 315, as it had BT built in, does the new unit also have BT built in or did u need a module under the seat? Trying to get an idea if i ever went from rcd510 with phone button to rns 510 how easy/difficult would it be.

God that 30th looks sexy as hell! :thumbup:

I just went from an RCD-510 in my SE to the RNS-510 as well. Which revision did you purchase? I found a 'G' version from a 2013 Passat for a steal of a deal. After the swap and a 3min coding with my VCDS it works flawlessly. LOVE IT so far.
Playing Avenged Sevenfold Live DVD in it as I drive is pretty sweet. My cousin was pretty dumbfounded when he saw I could play DVDs in motion after the hack.

I'm curious to know how you went about the Bluetooth? The RNS-315 has built-in BT and the RNS uses the external module under the pass. seat.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300954391615?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649
This is the latest version "L" brand new. everything was plug and play... no VAGCOM coding. It was the easiest radio I have EVER installed in my life!! literary 5 min start to finish.
So you said u had RNS 315, as it had BT built in, does the new unit also have BT built in or did u need a module under the seat? Trying to get an idea if i ever went from rcd510 with phone button to rns 510 how easy/difficult would it be.
did you have to install the external bluetooth how were the controls on the steering wheel to install, oh and what price did you get the rns 510 for
This ebay seller was very good! I purchased the bluetooth module from him and when he found out my car was a 2014 with CAR-NET he refunded me the money for the bluetooth module ($415.00) and told me with CAR-NET I already had and decent bluetooth module built in to the system.
Check out ebay seller "Extreme Network" I found him on Facebook also, and he's an Euro automotive shop in Illinois.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-VW-9W7-...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43ab8f9a81
I don't mind paying for 100% positive feedback plus newest versions is worth a lot to me! At least he was a straight up guy by giving me the refund also! Looks like 86 other people
got it "HARD" as you say
I must have got REAL lucky and snagged a '2013 G version RNS-510' from eBay for $750! Hatter sells the same one (granted it's updated which I have discs incoming to do so) but he's selling his for like $1100 or something. Good to know I got a pretty smokin' deal on it. I couldn't pay $2000 for a NEW unit, it's just too much for me lol. The new ones are faster and have an SSD etc. but honestly this is perfectly fine for what I need. I don't use the storage for media or anything like that.

The RNS-510 no matter what version you get though is a pretty incredible unit! Love mine!

I must have got REAL lucky and snagged a '2013 G version RNS-510' from eBay for $750! Hatter sells the same one (granted it's updated which I have discs incoming to do so) but he's selling his for like $1100 or something. Good to know I got a pretty smokin' deal on it. I couldn't pay $2000 for a NEW unit, it's just too much for me lol. The new ones are faster and have an SSD etc. but honestly this is perfectly fine for what I need. I don't use the storage for media or anything like that.

The RNS-510 no matter what version you get though is a pretty incredible unit! Love mine!
Yes I'm loving mine also! I knew it was a little on the pricey side but I was tired of looking for the US version (a lot of UK versions out there) and a NEW one also, so I just went for it. The guy did inform me what the device was that is under my passenger seat, he said it was for the car net system.
I didn't want to take a chance with a used unit plus he had a return guarantee, his feedback says a lot too. Lets face it there's nothing cheap about Volkswagen parts. I was quoted $3800.00 from the local dealer for it.

25,301 - 25,320 of 46,639 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.