VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

44921 - 44940 of 46441 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Blue calipers, and copper plasti dipped wheels. Was looking for more of a bronze color, like they show it making on their youtube. But i think you need to do less coats. Redo when they get banged up or I get bored of it. Kinda liking it for now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Those look killer esp with the blue. I need to redo or refreshen my stock red calipers.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Its plug and play, it works with fender audio. Works with the steering wheel. As for bluetooth, its built in so after installing the the unit, you have to unplug the old factory bluetooth under the front passenger seat. For fender audio, after you install your headunit, remove your negative terminal and plug it back. It should work.
https://youtu.be/8IBNER-LGng

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Will it work with the backup cam as well?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does anyone have a platinum grey Jetta with their roof wrapped black? I’m not sure if I want to do this or not and would love to see pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Installed my Pioneer AVH-2300 last night....this radio is Bada$$. Still learning all the features but between this and the stock RCD310 it replaced, holy moly !!! Apple CarPlay is amazing and nice to have Siri send and read my messages, get routing directions and more. Can connect up to 5 Bluetooth devices and simply switch between them. Custom backgrounds....list goes on and on. Loving it so far and the speakers actually sound much better using their 13 band EQ to dial it in.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone have a platinum grey Jetta with their roof wrapped black? I’m not sure if I want to do this or not and would love to see pics

Plus one on that, i want to do it but given that the colour is darker i dont think will look good

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Will it fit properly in the housing ? I know a lot of bulbs struggle to fit with the cap on.

My guess is yes it would, but I am having the hardest time getting H7 led bulbs installed at all and I got the Lasfit with built in adapters. I have a 2017 GLI and I love everything except for how big a PITA even swapping the halogen low beams with a different halogen.

These are the LED bulbs with built in retainers for anyone interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-H7-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-Retainer-Holder-for-Mercedes-C-E-ML-CLK-GLA-GL-GLS-/322568366771

·
Registered
40 Posts
My guess is yes it would, but I am having the hardest time getting H7 led bulbs installed at all and I got the Lasfit with built in adapters. I have a 2017 GLI and I love everything except for how big a PITA even swapping the halogen low beams with a different halogen.

These are the LED bulbs with built in retainers for anyone interested: https://www.ebay.com/itm/LASFIT-H7-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-Retainer-Holder-for-Mercedes-C-E-ML-CLK-GLA-GL-GLS-/322568366771
I’ve seen those before but 90 bucks seems steep for bulbs. I guess they’re the only ones on the market with built in adapters. I would want to put these in the new headlights I plan on purchasing like the previous poster with the blue Jetta has. Those headlights are great looking. I hate the reflector housing but I do love the new DRL strip.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I’ve seen those before but 90 bucks seems steep for bulbs. I guess they’re the only ones on the market with built in adapters. I would want to put these in the new headlights I plan on purchasing like the previous poster with the blue Jetta has. Those headlights are great looking. I hate the reflector housing but I do love the new DRL strip.

I got some H7 leds just like those without the fancy VW specific twist base for about $20 on eBay last year, they just have the normal H7 base plate with the tab on them....ran them in my Wasabi (Saab) and took them out and put the regular halogen H7's in it when I gave it to my kid. Installed those same 6K leds in my 12 and used crimp ring terminals to hold them in my headlight housing....there's 3 small Phillips screws on the housing to attach the halogen bulb retainer assembly, I took those off along with the oem retainer, put the leds in and bent the ring terminals at a 45 deg angle pointing the crimp/wire side into the recessed area the led flange sits in, ran the screw through the ring to secure them down. Cheap ingenuity that worked very well....they don't move at all. I used the smallest red sized ring terminals since they had a small ring that the screw fit through perfectly. Blues ring were slightly too big. Link and terminal pic below. They're even cheaper now....as a matter of fact, I'm going to order another set to have as a backup....didn't throw any bulb out warning either btw.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/72W-H7-800...m=142753558492&_trksid=p2045573.c100705.m4780

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just traded in my CW MKV R32 for a Jetta SE 2.5 with Automatic I've been searching around here for a few days and can't really find but 1 or 2 pics of user's rides. So... Post up your pics of your 2011 Jetta Sedan with our without mods.

Also, just wondering, does anyone know if the ALL Jetta SE's come with 'leatherette' or do some have cloth.

My 2011 MK6 2.5 SE. It has the leather-like material, can’t quite figure out what to call the color because sometimes it looks silver then sometimes it looks like a light tan, changes due to lighting. Either way I changed the oil and plugs on it today with lifetime warranty on some Autolite Iridium. Too not be the GLI I still love it. Oh and not to mention the heated seats are a lifesaver during the winter and coming home after a hard days work. Well I am about sad it doesn’t have a water temperature gauge and I CANNOT figure out how to turn those tiny little all-the-time running light bulbs off. I thought they were DRL but evidently they’re NOT, my OBDeleven was unable to turn them off using its DRL settings.

·
Registered
90 Posts

My 2011 MK6 2.5 SE. It has the leather-like material, can’t quite figure out what to call the color because sometimes it looks silver then sometimes it looks like a light tan, changes due to lighting. Either way I changed the oil and plugs on it today with lifetime warranty on some Autolite Iridium. Too not be the GLI I still love it. Oh and not to mention the heated seats are a lifesaver during the winter and coming home after a hard days work. Well I am about sad it doesn’t have a water temperature gauge and I CANNOT figure out how to turn those tiny little all-the-time running light bulbs off. I thought they were DRL but evidently they’re NOT, my OBDeleven was unable to turn them off using its DRL settings.

The color is actually white gold metallic. I got the same thing

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
544 Posts

Sounds good amigo...........

What's the word on how many miles those Automate Iridiums will work efficiently.....(I used NGK Iridiums on an Asian coupe and got over 100,000 on those plugs).

But that was then and this is (well German cars are different animals (as most of us admit)

Thanks k....

ez

·
Registered
148 Posts
Just used OBDeleven to turn the horn off from beeping when I lock it and also to be able to use my keyfob to roll my windows up/down

44921 - 44940 of 46441 Posts