VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

46001 - 46020 of 46441 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
That color is so sexy. Wish it was around when I got my Jetta. Ugh.
Would the color be silver or white. The color looks similar to the 1.4 TSI I recently drove on a 350 mile round trip to Half Moon Bay - and calc'd 47 MPG

That kind of fuel efficiency is real close to my - now bought back - JSW TDI 6M.

It's all good.

ez

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
Hi mrgreek2002, when you did this did you need too change the rear bumper guides/ side retainers to the facelift versions as well or did the facelift rear bumper fit straight on the old guides/ retainers? and any issues with the impact bar and absorber?
I got the rear bumper from a junk yard and they let me spend 5 minutes on taking off the facelift rear bumper guides and both side retainers, so yeah I did.

The impact bar and absorber still fit just fine, so I didn’t get that nor change it.

Good luck. :beer:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have had damaged rear end from the day I bought the car. I was able to score a relatively cheap facelift trunklid and bumper cover. Today I was able to test fit everything, along with some new facelift LED Taillights on my pre-facelift 2.5 SE.

Mk6.5 GLI diffuser is on the way.

Everything fit like a glove, so it's off to the body shop for a small amount of body work and paint!

After

Doing the same, did the facelift bumper fit right on with the old guides and retainers?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Did a lot to my 2.5 other the past 2 months. IRS swap, Broadway static coils, cc wheels and now these, camber, toe arms, cold air intake and Usp downpipe. Finally got to lower her down to a nice height and give it a wash yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Did a lot to my 2.5 other the past 2 months. IRS swap, Broadway static coils, cc wheels and now these, camber, toe arms, cold air intake and Usp downpipe. Finally got to lower her down to a nice height and give it a wash yesterday.

How do you like the broadways at that height?

·
Registered
70 Posts
How do you like the broadways at that height?
Just re read what you asked me lol. They ride great actually. I am very surprised. Best coils I ran so far next to pss10 bilstein and kws. I actually like these better than kws honestly. Rides smooth and damp works very good. Can feel the difference with just a couple clicks. Everything is quality and rebuildable

·
Registered
18 Posts
Doing the same, did the facelift bumper fit right on with the old guides and retainers?
You’ll have to get the quarter panel guides and retainers that sit under the taillights from a mk6.5. Everything else worked. You’ll also have to make new holes in the finder liners, as the screw hole alignment on the bumper/guide is a little different

·
Registered
544 Posts
Fille the tank at our local Shell. All highway. Used Oregon (not CA) fuel. Cottage Grove, OR to Seattle area thence south to Kalama, WA to fuel again. 439 miles/8.29 = just under 53 MPG....

ez

·
Registered
59 Posts
Added the generic mkv ebay short shifter. Took about 30 mins. I set it to the shortest setting but I may open it up a bit after a day of test driving.

Got it for 45 bucks shipped. After doing some research it is identical to the more expensive name brand versions.
Link:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202075080934
Looks good, definitely Spulen'esque. How's it feel? You open it a bit or is 40% reduction ok? Notchy? Thinking about going with this one w/ stock side to side. Considering bushings too.

46001 - 46020 of 46441 Posts