VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2480 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Removed that damn stealership decal they slapped on the trunk lid and removed the dealer plate covers advertising them, lol. As I literally bought my 2019 R-Line last night, that's all I've had time to do. I'll get tints done soon enough.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Removed that damn stealership decal they slapped on the trunk lid and removed the dealer plate covers advertising them, lol. As I literally bought my 2019 R-Line last night, that's all I've had time to do. I'll get tints done soon enough.
yea cant stand the dealer usual BS decal package lol and tint is next in my list. just did carista on the car to fix a few quirks i had too. also just got in a set of lowering springs for the car so ill see how they fare.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yea cant stand the dealer usual BS decal package lol and tint is next in my list. just did carista on the car to fix a few quirks i had too. also just got in a set of lowering springs for the car so ill see how they fare.
Was looking at Carista's list of tweaks. May I ask what quirks you're thinking/hoping of fixing on yours? I see we both have R-Lines (albeit mine's pure white), nice. Did yours come with the Viper wheels like mine or...? What brand springs did you get as I don't think H&R makes them for the 2019's yet?

Lemme know how the ride is after the spings are in place too please. I ask because I went with lowering springs on my M3 and was the WORST drive of my life and quickly swapped them out for coilovers. Way more $$$, but God damn it was worth it on ride alone, lol. I may put coilovers in this one too, but as it's my daily I may not bother.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Was looking at Carista's list of tweaks. May I ask what quirks you're thinking/hoping of fixing on yours? I see we both have R-Lines (albeit mine's pure white), nice. Did yours come with the Viper wheels like mine or...? What brand springs did you get as I don't think H&R makes them for the 2019's yet?

Lemme know how the ride is after the spings are in place too please. I ask because I went with lowering springs on my M3 and was the WORST drive of my life and quickly swapped them out for coilovers. Way more $$$, but God damn it was worth it on ride alone, lol. I may put coilovers in this one too, but as it's my daily I may not bother.
Yep mine came with viper wheels too, and a few quirks were things like the auto shut off while stationary, unlock all doors when i grab the handle, unlock the light and wiper/mirror menus, remote closing features. there arnt a ton of feautres imo. And with measuring the stock suspension, its very close if not exactly the same as a mk7 golf TDI. ill do a full write up on the ride quality and other specs once installed (if they work properly) and trust me i had spring on my r32 for about 4 months before i got sick of it and went to AST Coils. but with how soft the OEM struts are i would venture to say the lowering springs may not ride that bad.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yep mine came with viper wheels too, and a few quirks were things like the auto shut off while stationary, unlock all doors when i grab the handle, unlock the light and wiper/mirror menus, remote closing features. there arnt a ton of feautres imo. And with measuring the stock suspension, its very close if not exactly the same as a mk7 golf TDI. ill do a full write up on the ride quality and other specs once installed (if they work properly) and trust me i had spring on my r32 for about 4 months before i got sick of it and went to AST Coils. but with how soft the OEM struts are i would venture to say the lowering springs may not ride that bad.
Cool, looking forward to your feedback then. :) You're using Carista now, right? Noticed the site only lists up to MK6 right now, so I'm curious if it's compatible with this 2019 platform. Thanks.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool, looking forward to your feedback then. :) You're using Carista now, right? Noticed the site only lists up to MK6 right now, so I'm curious if it's compatible with this 2019 platform. Thanks.
Yep, our cars are supported by carista but its a limited amount of options we have to choose from compared to older more tested platforms. there is a beta test ongoing right now with carista for new functionality with our vehicles :)

·
Registered
6,857 Posts
I make them take it off before delivery each time. They have the fukin tools anyway (heatgun etc)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Finally getting my new wheels put on my SEL-P. Went back and forth with tire rack for weeks. Very excited though. Should make the car look a heck of a lot better.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Upgraded Rear View Mirror - Question

I have an SE...is it possible to put on higher model homelink/dimming mirror...plug and play? Or is there more to it?:confused:

·
Registered
9 Posts
My carista just arrived from Amazon today.
There are not much options to really pick from.

I'm able to roll up the windows holding the lock button but they wont roll down D:
Wish it had the option to be able to access car settings while driving.
Passenger side mirrors wont tilt downward when in reverse.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I'm able to roll up the windows holding the lock button but they wont roll down D:

There are few features because of how new the car is. More will roll out over time. Mirror tilt kinda worked for my car but the window thing deff worked for me.

·
Registered
89 Posts

Interesting that you don't get many options - I did the following with Carista:
  • Disable auto start/stop, Method A (12.1V)
  • Allow "tuner" settings in MMI while car is in motion
  • Allow Configuring daytime running lights via dash display
  • Show A/C blower speed when in auto
The "tuner" settings one allows you to access the "Settings" menu when you are on the radio part of the infotainment display. I emailed the company about the "Car" menu and the vehicle "Settings" menus - they said they weren't sure why I didn't get those options, but they would investigate.

I also enabled "mirror dip", but it didn't work correctly until I joined their beta program and got access to their upcoming version - when i enabled it then, it did work. When it does come out, you will need to enable these three options:
  • Menu for lowering passenger side mirror when in reverse gear
  • Allow lowering passenger side mirror when in reverse gear
  • Remember position when lowering passenger-side mirror in reverse gear (Step 1 of 2)
  • Remember position when lowering passenger-side mirror in reverse gear (Step 2 of 2)
This is on an SEL-Premium

1 - 20 of 2480 Posts