VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Used it to take the bikes out for a ride along the Rhine river last weekend. :cool:

Reactions: IndyMK7GLI

·
Registered
415 Posts
Rear window lip spoiler from Spoiler King (search for a coupon code, I got 30% off) With matched paint from Automotive Touchup. I installed the spoiler before painting because it is pretty soft and I didn't want to crack the paint. I also sprayed the sharkfin antenna while painting. The Automotive Touchup is a 3-part paint job with adhesion promoter, paint and clear coat.
Sorry for the crappy photos, the car was filthy with pollen.

20210517_130618.jpg
20210517_130623.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey guys,
Been a while since I posted. I seemed to have fallen victim to the down hill spiral of modding… figured I would post my current mods to see what everyone thinks.

-Integrated Engineering stage 1+ low torque 93 tune stacked with JB4 with custom map 6 tune by George. High torque map wasn’t very linear and had some compressor surge with intake. Stacked with JB4 she pulls like a beast all the way to the new 7k redline.
- Sachs SRE clutch upgrade. Almost like stock and hold the power well.
-MAP performance intake. Great spool up and blow of noises.
-O34 TIP. Increased throttle response and added a nice growl to the intake that I wasn’t expecting.
-AFE Takeda cat back exhaust with black tips. Adds a nice deep tone without any drone. Other options are louder but I prefer a more subtle noise.
-GPlus twincooler. Looks cool and seems to work well for the price.
-Goodyear Exhilarate UHP all season tires. Great balance of performance and comfort. Put the power down much better than the stocks.
-Audi rs4 wheel replicas
-Euroimpulse weighted shifter with GLI logo.
-Multiple OBD11 hacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
384 Posts
Rear window lip spoiler from Spoiler King (search for a coupon code, I got 30% off) With matched paint from Automotive Touchup. I installed the spoiler before painting because it is pretty soft and I didn't want to crack the paint. I also sprayed the sharkfin antenna while painting. The Automotive Touchup is a 3-part paint job with adhesion promoter, paint and clear coat.
Sorry for the crappy photos, the car was filthy with pollen.

View attachment 90708 View attachment 90709
Looks really nice. Can you please post some pictures from further back?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hey guys,
Been a while since I posted. I seemed to have fallen victim to the down hill spiral of modding… figured I would post my current mods to see what everyone thinks.

-Integrated Engineering stage 1+ low torque 93 tune stacked with JB4 with custom map 6 tune by George. High torque map wasn’t very linear and had some compressor surge with intake. Stacked with JB4 she pulls like a beast all the way to the new 7k redline.
- Sachs SRE clutch upgrade. Almost like stock and hold the power well.
-MAP performance intake. Great spool up and blow of noises.
-O34 TIP. Increased throttle response and added a nice growl to the intake that I wasn’t expecting.
-AFE Takeda cat back exhaust with black tips. Adds a nice deep tone without any drone. Other options are louder but I prefer a more subtle noise.
-GPlus twincooler. Looks cool and seems to work well for the price.
-Goodyear Exhilarate UHP all season tires. Great balance of performance and comfort. Put the power down much better than the stocks.
-Audi rs4 wheel replicas
-Euroimpulse weighted shifter with GLI logo.
-Multiple OBD11 hacks.

Sounds good, only thing is that I wouldn’t stack a jb4 on top of a flash tune, that can get dangerous for your motor, but judging by that list it probably pulls amazing. Could you post a sound clip of the exhaust, or anybody with a resonated awe track. Trying to decide if I want to buy the resonator as sometimes the non res with the aftermarket downpipe gets a bit childish lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sounds good, only thing is that I wouldn’t stack a jb4 on top of a flash tune, that can get dangerous for your motor, but judging by that list it probably pulls amazing. Could you post a sound clip of the exhaust, or anybody with a resonated awe track. Trying to decide if I want to buy the resonator as sometimes the non res with the aftermarket downpipe gets a bit childish lol
I was a bit concerned as well about stacking but the IE flash tune tapers boost to around 11psi at 7k and it felt so flat. When I had JB4 only, I worked with George on on a custom map 6 with boost tapering to around 17psi at redline. He worked with me again and now I peak at about 24psi at 4500rpm and taper to around 16-17 psi at redline with timing advancing usually up to 18degrees depending on temps. No timing corrections or issues otherwise after multiple logs reviewed by George. I’ve been told it’s a decently safe tune and just to monitor for timing corrections, etc with the warmer temps coming this summer. Fingers crossed anyways. I’ll post a few sound clips of the exhaust for you as well if I can figure out how to post a video…..

·
Registered
2021 Jetta SEL
45 Posts
Edit - whoops, wrong thread.

But what have I done to my Jetta today? Tried to get the keyless access working. I'm driving it back to the dealer now. Only 1 day old.

·
Registered
2021 Jetta GLI Autobahn 6speed
30 Posts
Installed the Euro-spec short throw shifter. Installation was a breeze… only took about 30 mins start to finish.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I changed the foglights to come on with the headlights. As an added benefit they stay on with the high beams. I can also turn the DRLs off in the vehicle menu now. Interestingly they still come on with the headlights.

·
Registered
20 VW Jetta R-Line
31 Posts
I changed the foglights to come on with the headlights. As an added benefit they stay on with the high beams. I can also turn the DRLs off in the vehicle menu now. Interestingly they still come on with the headlights.

View attachment 92614
What are you using to program? I’ve been wanting to change the fogs to come on with the headlights and haven’t found a way to do it!

·
Registered
79 Posts
What are you using to program? I’ve been wanting to change the fogs to come on with the headlights and haven’t found a way to do it!
I'm using VCDS. I'm assuming the others have a way to do it also. I did have to use Google translate to figure out what all the options are.

In 09-Cent. Elect. set adaptations

ENG116948-ENG116109-Leuchte12NL LB45-Dimmwert CD 12 to 100
ENG116949-ENG116128-Leuchte13NL RB5-Dimmwert CD 13 to 100

ENG116948-ENG116107-Leuchte12NL LB45-Lichtfunktion C 12 to Abblendlicht links (Left low beam)
ENG116949-ENG116564-Leuchte13NL RB5-Lichtfunktion C 13 to Abblendlicht rechts (Right low beam)

They're all about halfway down the adaptations list which is quite long.

To add the ability to turn off your DRLs in the vehicle menu set

ENG141647-ENG116594-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht Aktivierung durch BAP oder Bedienfolge moeglich to active.

·
Registered
2001.5 Passat, 2004 Jetta TDI, 2010 Sportwagen TDI, 2014 Passat Wolfsburg, 2019 Jetta R-Line
45 Posts
2421 - 2440 of 2482 Posts