VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

2461 - 2480 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
I installed the Dieselgeek short shifter, removed the clutch delay valve and installed the ECS flush spacer kit. Oh and I changed the water filter in the fridge. My original plan was to take down the shutters to paint but then the hornets attacked.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you manage to find a how to on taking the center console out to install the super pin or did you do it yourself?
Oh, I figured that mother ****er out myself. Hind sight, wish I would have done a how to, cuz it was simple... once you figured out what need to come off in what order... also I took a lot more apart than I needed too.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Oh, I figured that mother ****er out myself. Hind sight, wish I would have done a how to, cuz it was simple... once you figured out what need to come off in what order... also I took a lot more apart than I needed too.
What do you have to take off? I was going to get one myself

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Always worth a try on CL.

Reactions: al_beee

·
Registered
2021 Jetta GLI Autobahn 6speed
30 Posts
Swapped in a set of RS7 plugs to compliment the new E30 Stage 1 tune. Going to reset the ECM to relearn everything now that the new tune AND plugs are in place. Gonna have to double check and make sure Rough Ride is still disabled after that.

Reactions: Mk7T

·
Registered
499 Posts
Cool. Can you post a pic? Or link? This is the first I've heard of this.

I've been thinking about picking up one of the OEM front sunshades. My local dealer has one in stock for $36.
20210610_203259R.jpg

The car's in the garage for the night. I'll get better pics tomorrow. They're not cheap, but I think they'll pay for themselves when it's 100-plus outside.

·
Registered
2021 Jetta SEL
45 Posts
View attachment 96447
The car's in the garage for the night. I'll get better pics tomorrow. They're not cheap, but I think they'll pay for themselves when it's 100-plus outside.

Nice. Do you leave them on when driving? Or only use when parked?

·
Registered
2021 Jetta SEL
45 Posts
I picked up the OEM VW sunshade today. When I was researching it I couldn't find any pictures of what it looked like collapsed (does it fold, roll, etc?). So here you go. It just rolls up. Too big to fit under the seat or anything. I might make a holder to store it under the rear shelf in the trunk. It seems to be well made and the car feels dark inside when it's put in place. It has a nice velcro strap at one end to keep it rolled up.

Jetta-sunshade1.jpg Jetta-sunshade2.jpg Jetta-sunshade3.jpg

2461 - 2480 of 2482 Posts