VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
3021 - 3040 of 3131 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Auto start stop memory chip, it remembers the last setting. Works great.

US $15.48 34%OFF | Automatic Stop Start Engine System Off Device Control Sensor Plug Stop Cancel For VW Golf 7 7.5 Passat B8 POLO Atlas ARTEON
Bought this exact memory plug for start-stop. Install was a breeze. Did it in 2 minutes. Working perfectly as of now. The start-stop stays in OFF position when I turn the car back on. Highly recommend this.
Gadget Audio equipment Adapter Cable Auto part

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Added some CF bling and rear badge to more match my front.
Window Hood Branch Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror Grille

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive side-view mirror Automotive mirror

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Ha! Waukesha county, check. Screen name = actual name. No relation to a Joe though. 😎

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ha! Waukesha county, check. Screen name = actual name. No relation to a Joe though. 😎
Gotchya, I just thought that name can’t be that common lol

Well if some dude honks at ya in an R or a black 35th gli it’s probably me! Maybe I’ll catch ya at a stoplight somewhere, we can see who’s got better front tires 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
1,824 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Gotchya, I just thought that name can’t be that common lol

Well if some dude honks at ya in an R or a black 35th gli it’s probably me! Maybe I’ll catch ya at a stoplight somewhere, we can see who’s got better front tires 🤣🤣🤣
Definitely not common. I’ll be on the lookout. Conti DWS06s now. Hopefully the General G-Max RS’s back on over the weekend. Tip: will have a RA plate on the rear in 2 weeks.

Reactions: Knowname

·
Registered
2001.5 Passat, 2004 Jetta TDI, 2010 Sportwagen TDI, 2014 Passat Wolfsburg, 2019 Jetta R-Line
196 Posts
Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

I changed my spark plugs at 48,000 miles.
I’ll change them again with the coil packs at 100,000 if they make it.

I noticed a significant increase in performance

·
Registered
103 Posts
Definitely not common. I’ll be on the lookout. Conti DWS06s now. Hopefully the General G-Max RS’s back on over the weekend. Tip: will have a RA plate on the rear in 2 weeks.
Cool bud, funny, I run the same winter rubber and re71r’s for summer, until they’re gone, I accidentally found a smoking deal on em last year as Bridgestone discontinued them and just couldn’t pass, anyway it’s kinda funny around here, I see many Jettas but can probably count on one hand the number of gli’s I’ve encountered on the road since 2019, they seem like a rarity around here, which is pretty cool! Well hopefully I bump into ya on the road sometime, and not literally, that’d ruin both our days 😂

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I’ll be on the lookout. What color R?

Reactions: Knowname

·
Registered
3 Posts
Installed Sequential turn signals on my 21 GLI. It turned out better than I expected, the new one is brighter and is really visible even in daylight. Also, the smoked out color really blends in with my black mirror caps. Installation took about 30-40 minutes and was easy.

For anyone who's interested, I got it from AliExpress and I'm sharing the link here. 19.88US $ 30% OFF|For Vw Volkswagen Golf 7 Jetta Mk7 Vii Mk7 Golf 7.5 Gti R Touran Led Dynamic Turn Signal Light Side Mirror Sequential Blinker - Mirror & Covers - AliExpress

Tire Car Wheel Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive side-view mirror

·
Registered
103 Posts
Installed Sequential turn signals on my 21 GLI. It turned out better than I expected, the new one is brighter and is really visible even in daylight. Also, the smoked out color really blends in with my black mirror caps. Installation took about 30-40 minutes and was easy.

For anyone who's interested, I got it from AliExpress and I'm sharing the link here. 19.88US $ 30% OFF|For Vw Volkswagen Golf 7 Jetta Mk7 Vii Mk7 Golf 7.5 Gti R Touran Led Dynamic Turn Signal Light Side Mirror Sequential Blinker - Mirror & Covers - AliExpress

View attachment 178844 View attachment 178845
Those look super nice!!! Maybe my next mod.

·
Registered
2021 GLI Autobahn 6MT
5 Posts
New member here so thought I would share what I've done so far to my 2021 GLI Autobahn 6MT named Vader which I got back in August 😊 I have only done visual mods so far, nothing performance because I don't want to void my warranty yet. I think the next thing I want to install is a custom knob and boot for my shifter.

So far I've done: 20% on all windows (minus windshield) of Xpel Prime XR tint, Govee RGBIC lighting to the footwells, various interior vinyl from Badgeskins (red GLI on steering wheel, gloss black overlay for VW emblem on steering wheel, red inlay for VW emblem on steering wheel, matte & gloss black GLI visor warning covers, clear protector for start/stop button), red metal ring around start/stop button from Amazon, Darth Vader cup coasters from Amazon, Badgeskins gloss and matte black front emblem overlay, Badgeskins gloss black fender GLI blades overlay, DipYourCar Shadow Black HyperDip for rear emblem, ECS Tuning gloss black trunk spoiler, ECS Tuning gloss black diffuser.

Most recently I did the ECS tuning spoiler and diffuser which I wasn't planning to do so soon but I had an incident back in December and scratched the rear bumper and diffuser. A few weeks ago I got a body shop to fix the bumper and also asked them to install the diffuser. They tried to tell me the diffuser didn't fit but I'm pretty sure they did that to hide the fact they didn't remove the old diffuser to paint the bumper because now I have paint lines where the old side spats for the diffuser used to be. Will have to confront them about that and hoping I can get the paint lines fixed but now I don't trust them so that's fun 🙃 My boyfriend and his uncle helped me install the diffuser and fit great other than us needing to ream out the holes to attach to the mounting bracket. Went through a lot of stress the last few weeks but I would do anything for Vader, I'm loving how he's turning out! Here's some photos of Vader with everything I've done:

Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Sky Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle registration plate

Speedometer Car Vehicle Gear shift Tachometer

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Grille

Speedometer Vehicle Automotive lighting Steering part Car

Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering part Fixture

Car Automotive design Vehicle Steering part Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Automotive design

·
Registered
103 Posts
New member here so thought I would share what I've done so far to my 2021 GLI Autobahn 6MT named Vader which I got back in August 😊 I have only done visual mods so far, nothing performance because I don't want to void my warranty yet. I think the next thing I want to install is a custom knob and boot for my shifter.

So far I've done: 20% on all windows (minus windshield) of Xpel Prime XR tint, Govee RGBIC lighting to the footwells, various interior vinyl from Badgeskins (red GLI on steering wheel, gloss black overlay for VW emblem on steering wheel, red inlay for VW emblem on steering wheel, matte & gloss black GLI visor warning covers, clear protector for start/stop button), red metal ring around start/stop button from Amazon, Darth Vader cup coasters from Amazon, Badgeskins gloss and matte black front emblem overlay, Badgeskins gloss black fender GLI blades overlay, DipYourCar Shadow Black HyperDip for rear emblem, ECS Tuning gloss black trunk spoiler, ECS Tuning gloss black diffuser.

Most recently I did the ECS tuning spoiler and diffuser which I wasn't planning to do so soon but I had an incident back in December and scratched the rear bumper and diffuser. A few weeks ago I got a body shop to fix the bumper and also asked them to install the diffuser. They tried to tell me the diffuser didn't fit but I'm pretty sure they did that to hide the fact they didn't remove the old diffuser to paint the bumper because now I have paint lines where the old side spats for the diffuser used to be. Will have to confront them about that and hoping I can get the paint lines fixed but now I don't trust them so that's fun 🙃 My boyfriend and his uncle helped me install the diffuser and fit great other than us needing to ream out the holes to attach to the mounting bracket. Went through a lot of stress the last few weeks but I would do anything for Vader, I'm loving how he's turning out! Here's some photos of Vader with everything I've done:

View attachment 179746
View attachment 179751
View attachment 179752
View attachment 179750
View attachment 179748
View attachment 179745
View attachment 179744
View attachment 179749 View attachment 179747
Welcome, it looks good and ya got the best color!!! 😂

Sucks about the paintwork, good luck sorting that out. Sadly expect the spoiler to fall off, there are a few threads about that spoiler, just keep an eye on it, the tape tends to start letting go at the edges and it has allot of pressure on it at freeway speeds which helps uninstall it.

The one I got after removing the oem lip, which absolutely sucked, I don’t know what vw uses but it sure as hell isn’t 3m tape lol, anyway it didn’t fit well to begin with and was already suspect after some freeway miles I just threw it out, it was alarming how easy it was to remove.

Anyway, again welcome and definitely use the search function, lots of good info and experiences sometimes saves ya hassles that other members have learned.

·
Registered
2021 GLI Autobahn 6MT
5 Posts
Welcome, it looks good and ya got the best color!!! 😂

Sucks about the paintwork, good luck sorting that out. Sadly expect the spoiler to fall off, there are a few threads about that spoiler, just keep an eye on it, the tape tends to start letting go at the edges and it has allot of pressure on it at freeway speeds which helps uninstall it.

The one I got after removing the oem lip, which absolutely sucked, I don’t know what vw uses but it sure as hell isn’t 3m tape lol, anyway it didn’t fit well to begin with and was already suspect after some freeway miles I just threw it out, it was alarming how easy it was to remove.

Anyway, again welcome and definitely use the search function, lots of good info and experiences sometimes saves ya hassles that other members have learned.
Thank you so much! I had to go with black, it definitely looks the best and fits the Vader vibes I wanted to do 😂

That sucks yours came off. I also heard about the 3M tape lifting at the ends for the spoiler so not only did I use the tape but I also used automotive glue (Amazing GOOP) to give some extra hold which I saw in a Youtube video. It's been a couple of weeks and already been driving on the highway a few times with it, haven't had issues yet. Hopefully the glue I added will keep it on there. The only issue I had was removing the old one, the adhesive VW uses is super annoying and they don't make it easy to remove the OEM spoiler. A heat gun and some weed wacker line worked good though.

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep that in mind since I'm slowly looking into what I want to do performance wise 😊

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thank you so much! I had to go with black, it definitely looks the best and fits the Vader vibes I wanted to do 😂

That sucks yours came off. I also heard about the 3M tape lifting at the ends for the spoiler so not only did I use the tape but I also used automotive glue (Amazing GOOP) to give some extra hold which I saw in a Youtube video. It's been a couple of weeks and already been driving on the highway a few times with it, haven't had issues yet. Hopefully the glue I added will keep it on there. The only issue I had was removing the old one, the adhesive VW uses is super annoying and they don't make it easy to remove the OEM spoiler. A heat gun and some weed wacker line worked good though.

Thanks for the tip! I'll keep that in mind since I'm slowly looking into what I want to do performance wise 😊
Nice! I’m glad you were aware at install and tried more than just trusting the tape! You definitely did a better job researching than I did originally!

As per performance mods, is38, dp, intercooler, tune, intake if ya want turbo noises and most importantly actual good performance tires makes for a fun little sleeper setup, of course I’m biased, oh and you’d need a clutch, well sooner or later 🤣

I understand hesitation with warranty concerns, I’m more of a fxxx it type lol, for what it’s worth, 27,5xx miles 3 years old, stage 1 tuned at a couple hundred miles, is38 at 9500 miles, very well maintained but it goes wot every time I drive it, probably multiple times traffic permitting, basically I figure if my R hasn’t exploded yet then I’m not even pushing the Jetta hard at all 🤣

Oh and if ya haven’t yet that OBDeleven pro, is worth every penny if ya want to change all sorts of coding, and as a code reader/clearer, I can’t even count how much stuff I’ve changed on multiple vdubs, from simple little things to much deeper changes, I mean who doesn’t just NEED to be able to roll down their windows with their remote etc 🤣

But ya, research what you’re thinking and have fun, looks like you are off to a good start and don’t be shy about starting threads with questions, as at least in my experience, pretty decent guys/gals on here!

·
Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn MT— APR-1
175 Posts
Reactions: finaldestination
3021 - 3040 of 3131 Posts