VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
3041 - 3060 of 3131 Posts

·
Registered
2019 GLI Autobahn MT— APR-1
175 Posts
How much did you pay? I got it for 300 supposedly ceramic. Found them on Instagram
I got Prestige Spectrum IRD. And I think the windshield was five or six hundred of the total 1,800 bill for all the windows including the sunroof (which was also stupid expensive).

But it was all the best modification. My side and rear windows are a light 55, but the heat reduction is amazing. My film is called a “nano” film, or some such. All I can tell you is that, it passes my ten(now eleven) year old’s heat test.

But the windshield was the best part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: finaldestination

·
Registered
20 VW Jetta R-Line
40 Posts
That looks gorgeous, how do you like it so far
So far I am in love with it. It handles very well, the ride is awesome, sports mode is fantastic. I loved my Jetta but this is another level to be honest. I was afraid of some of the touch sensitive buttons, but they are really easy to get used to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 GLI Autobahn 6MT
5 Posts
Nice! I’m glad you were aware at install and tried more than just trusting the tape! You definitely did a better job researching than I did originally!

As per performance mods, is38, dp, intercooler, tune, intake if ya want turbo noises and most importantly actual good performance tires makes for a fun little sleeper setup, of course I’m biased, oh and you’d need a clutch, well sooner or later 🤣

I understand hesitation with warranty concerns, I’m more of a fxxx it type lol, for what it’s worth, 27,5xx miles 3 years old, stage 1 tuned at a couple hundred miles, is38 at 9500 miles, very well maintained but it goes wot every time I drive it, probably multiple times traffic permitting, basically I figure if my R hasn’t exploded yet then I’m not even pushing the Jetta hard at all 🤣

Oh and if ya haven’t yet that OBDeleven pro, is worth every penny if ya want to change all sorts of coding, and as a code reader/clearer, I can’t even count how much stuff I’ve changed on multiple vdubs, from simple little things to much deeper changes, I mean who doesn’t just NEED to be able to roll down their windows with their remote etc 🤣

But ya, research what you’re thinking and have fun, looks like you are off to a good start and don’t be shy about starting threads with questions, as at least in my experience, pretty decent guys/gals on here!
Thank you for the recommendations, I'll have to look into those and will definitely be asking questions along the way😊 I'm very new to all the performance mods but I definitely would like to make it sound more aggressive and get up to a stage 1 tune at least. LOL I want to be that fxxx it type but I might as well get some of my moneys worth out of the warranty before I do anything crazy 😂

I did get an OBDeleven Pro for Christmas and have already programmed reverse mirror dip, more ambient lighting colors, and windows up/down with remote. Haven't played around with it a lot but it's been worth the money so far and would like to do some more with it.

link for the start button ring?
This is the one I bought on Amazon.ca: Hitommy Car Start Engine Stop Button Cover Trim Red for VW Golf 7 MK7 GTI R Jetta CC Arteon : Amazon.ca: Automotive but you can probably find similar ones elsewhere.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thank you for the recommendations, I'll have to look into those and will definitely be asking questions along the way😊 I'm very new to all the performance mods but I definitely would like to make it sound more aggressive and get up to a stage 1 tune at least. LOL I want to be that fxxx it type but I might as well get some of my moneys worth out of the warranty before I do anything crazy 😂

I did get an OBDeleven Pro for Christmas and have already programmed reverse mirror dip, more ambient lighting colors, and windows up/down with remote. Haven't played around with it a lot but it's been worth the money so far and would like to do some more with it.

This is the one I bought on Amazon.ca: Hitommy Car Start Engine Stop Button Cover Trim Red for VW Golf 7 MK7 GTI R Jetta CC Arteon : Amazon.ca: Automotive but you can probably find similar ones elsewhere.
Very cool, the needle sweep at startup is cool also, I was annoyed the gli didn’t do it stock because my R did. So that app worked well, ya can also long code it, it’s simple, and the “heartbeat” pulse on the start button is kinda cool also, at least I thought, and of course turning off all the restrictions on car settings, tuner settings, phone settings, media settings is nice, drove me nuts not being able to adjust the bass or treble while driving, so I did em all 😂

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very cool, the needle sweep at startup is cool also, I was annoyed the gli didn’t do it stock because my R did. So that app worked well, ya can also long code it, it’s simple, and the “heartbeat” pulse on the start button is kinda cool also, at least I thought, and of course turning off all the restrictions on car settings, tuner settings, phone settings, media settings is nice, drove me nuts not being able to adjust the bass or treble while driving, so I did em all 😂
I never got instrument staging working on 21 or 22. I'm guessing you don't have the digital dashboard?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Switched to 255/30/19's, the now discontinued Yokohama Advan Fleva
Had 235/35/19 on prior with Advan Apex V601's but wanted a meatier setup. Ride quality is much much better than before.

Have the center caps off from the Rotiform's, but im reallllly liking the setup so far.
OH, I also did the 034 subframe locking collars. Highly recommend.

Side profile

Rear Driver

With Aerodisc's on :)

3041 - 3060 of 3131 Posts