VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just bought an 07 Jetta 2.5 for my son. Changed out the front brakes and parking brake cables so it could pass state inspection. They were trashed. Added a radio and backup camera too.

Other than those things, the car was solid and interior nearly mint with no rust anywhere. Just a few dents and scrapes on the outside.
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

Wood Electrical wiring Gas Cable Circuit component

·
Registered
427 Posts
Oh, and just got an auto/Euro headlight switch in the mail today. Will route the sensor later. Mainly just wanted it for parking lights and ability to add front/rear fogs.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Isn't it amazing what you do for your kids? I've been maintaining all of my daughter's cars for over 20 years and still going strong. I think my body's warranty is about to expire, though.
Well, I had my B5.5 manual swapped wagon all ready to hand over, but I'd rather start him on an auto first and not my baby ;). Initial driving instruction resulted in a stripped inner CV (it was on it's way out). It's fun though. I was running out of things to fix in my fleet :LOL:.
Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car

·
Registered
427 Posts
Changed the spark plugs with ZFR6T-11G and fixed the intake box at the grill. The two tabs on the sides were long broken off. Just drilled two holes on top and relocated the speed clips to those holes. Then, used two spare screws I had.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Car Grille

Hand Vertebrate Jewellery Electric blue Font

·
Registered
427 Posts
Those plug are nice. One shade cooler than the platinums. Should be able to pull more timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It certainly started quicker. Can't tell any driving difference with the old butt dyno.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Vagguy, how many miles were on the plugs you removed?
No clue. Just bought the car in April.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I’m getting there with the maintenance. Trans is next. 139k now.

I converted full bore to VAG in 2006. Wife got an A4 and I got my B5.5 Wagon which I still have. Besides the wife getting a grand Cherokee for a year and a half, we’ve had either an Audi or VW, or both.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hoping these MK5 don't take the title away from the MK3 for being rust buckets
I wonder why they are so bad. My 04 B5.5 passat has absolutely Zero rust anywhere except for maybe the rotors.

I agree though. My old Mk3 K2 Jetta was Flinstones at one point. I mean a hole about a foot in diameter in the rear floor board.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Did a rear pad slap on it in less than an hour. The rear brakes were new, but reallllllllly dusty. Textar brand. Same kind on my A4 which are nice and grippy, but dusty. I bought a set of ATE ceramics front and rear, but only needed to do the fronts to make it past inspection. I decided to do them but leave the rotors on since the were new. Didn't want to mess with the triple square for the rear bracket today, either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts