VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Golf R32 / 2007 GLI Fahrenheit
46 Posts
Got the RCD330 installed in my GLI this weekend and loving it, I tried doing a backup camera this week and spent hours wiring through the entire car just to find out the camera was defective as it would just come up black when in reverse. Ripped out the camera and shipped it off, sadly a waste of time but I do have something else cool planned for the car next.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wow, the RCD330 looks great! I’ve been in the market for a multimedia stereo. How do you like the interface? Is it responsive? How’s the Bluetooth connection to phone, reliable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I absolutely love it! Interface is 1:1 oem, no lag, and oem Bluetooth too! It has the Volkswagen startup screen, it reads info from my car like the temp and time, and like I said the oem Bluetooth, my phone button on my steering wheel even accepts calls on it and the hands free mic sounds great!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree! It’s the best option for an OEM upgrade IMO. Except for me I’ve lost functionality of the steering wheel controls. Any info on that would be appreciated. I’m also hoping to get my OEM backup up camera installed to complete the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I still have full steering wheel functionality in mine! I tried to do a backup camera but my god that thing was painful, I spent two days with the whole interior apart running the wires through and seals breaking and splicing wires, all for it to be black when I put the car in reverse. I could never get it to show an image so I returned it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Indeed, where did you get these lights if they don't throw a MIL on :)
Basically any 194 LED with canbus. canbus is the important part to not get errors. I got a set of 10 so I installed them on my footwell too without errors there now, and my overhead lights. Personally you’ll probably wanna look for some bright bulbs.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Is it possible to install city lights like this on a Rabbit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t believe so. My mother used to own a 2008 US spec rabbit and down below it only had a slot for the turn signal, and the parking lights were located inside the inner beam housing. (Halogen model by the way)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi all! I’m very happy to say I have bought a mk5 R32. 1 owner, still has the original window sticker, kept very mint, over 30k In maintenance, and I got the friends discount on it for 7,500, I couldn’t pass up this beauty! Always been a dream car of mine. So far I have a haldex performance module installed, flapper mod done, an MIBII radio, and a few other little things here and on the way still.
Gear shift Vehicle Satellite radio Radio Plant

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gorgeous! Over 30k in maintenance and dude let you have it for 7500? How many miles on it? I'd be tempted to put on BAT and take a huge profit.
I would but this has been my childhood dream car and the experience is so crazy I don’t ever want to get rid of it. 150,000 on the odometer right now, all the climate vents are intact, rear cupholders, and the seats not a wrinkle if that tells you how well kept this thing was

·
Registered
46 Posts
Agreed, not sure on the details of that R32 from your photos but if it's halfway decent, for $7500 you stole that.
Oh it was a steal for sure he knew that, he said he was gonna lost for 15k but after seeing my mk5 he said he’d give me the friends discount cause he wanted someone to appreciate the car as much as he had when he bought it new

·
Registered
46 Posts
^ nice. Are you in Michigan? Ypsilanti dub, here.

Detailed the **** outta this :poop: late into last night. Informal car show at work provided some motivation to get her all the way cleaned up. Now I can relax back into neglectful mode for a while, lol.

Should have some better pics from the photographer later. Had to park in the back corner to avoid showing everyone the car's bad (rusty passenger) side, haha.

Sorry for the late reply I am not from Michigan

Any suggestions for cosmetics on a mk5 r32? Thinking about a new diffuser to replace the regular black plastic stock one and maybe a spoiler

·
Registered
46 Posts
No prob I was just asking because of your front euro plate with "MICH" on it.

Yeah a nice hatch lip spoiler extension would work. ECS and other places have maxton stuff that goes on easily. I am noticing a lack of sideskirts on your car as well. Tinted windows adds some subtle style and interior protection for only a couple hundred bucks. Still on stock exhaust? You can make that VR6 really sing and style some bigger tips out back - not cheap though.

And while those wheels you have are a great design, I don't find myself loving them on the MK5 2-door chassis. Some aftermarket 19s with more poke (less offset/ET) with some 245/35/19 tires would look pretty baller. But thats a $2k investment, so.
Ironically I got new rims a few days ago lol, 19’s and the fitment is great. And no car is not stock, haldex performance module and a res delete, it sounds insane

1 - 20 of 23 Posts