VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
No clue. Just bought the car in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, OK. I did the same thing when I bought my new-to-me 2008 Rabbit 2.5 over a year ago. I didn't know when the last service was, so I did everything possible. It only cost me $3500 to purchase and the Bidenflation hadn't kicked in yet, so figured I could afford to splurge. I gave it a complete tune-up, changed all the fluids and whatever seals or sensors were probably at life, including valve cover with PCV valve, NGK coils and the same NGK plugs you removed. I also deleted the vacuum pump. It had 142K miles on it then and 157K miles on it now. It runs like a champ with no leaks, drips or oil consumption. Love it!
This is my first German car and it has been a learning experience for me. German Engineering is all new to me. Other than being a PITA for regular service when compared to my previous Asian and American vehicles, it has been a much better performing car than I expected.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I’m getting there with the maintenance. Trans is next. 139k now.

I converted full bore to VAG in 2006. Wife got an A4 and I got my B5.5 Wagon which I still have. Besides the wife getting a grand Cherokee for a year and a half, we’ve had either an Audi or VW, or both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I forgot to mention that the water pump and thermostat were still original, so I replaced those along with belts (they had been replaced) and a new alternator because it was going bad. After I replaced it, a lot of little intermittent electrical gremlins disappeared forever. I also upgraded the AC solenoid valve to the RKX Tech one which vastly improved the cooling ability and speed. Now, the car actually feels like "mine". These were the jobs that were above my pay grade, so I had a trusted pro do them. All of the other ones listed above were done by me.
And the alignment, just in case. It turns out that it did need it in spite of the tires looking good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts