VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I also want to do the mk6 dash swap to my car now thanks guys. probably not really worth it because I find the dash to look a little bit nicer and I also like the look of the mk6 cluster. Thats a lot of work for not many rewards. Granted I did pull a MKV dash out of a car in the junkyard mainly just for fun and to see how much stuff is in there. If anyone wants a MKV GTI: cecm, gateway or comfort module let me know I grabbed those while i was in there.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Interesting I wonder if my car would even support the mk6 climatronic module. Mine has climatic. Hey thanks for the diagrams and write up I'll save this page. I am impressed how much stuff is compatible. I would have thought the a pillars would be the same but I guess not. So for you to swap the mk6 wheel over did you have to get a new steering wheel module?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok I might just do the mk6 dash with only climatic at some point. Don't wanna go too crazy or anything. Kinda depends what pops up first at the junk yard a mkvi with a good leather steering wheel or a mkv with a good leather steering wheel. I think we are sharing interior mods on this page right now so here are my new seats. I got these gti heated plaid seats.
Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Car seat cover Head restraint

Not too shabby for 148 bucks me thinks. Big thanks goes out to the member: gti's for helping me out on the swap. I hope all of you have an amazing saturday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts