VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
85 Jetta TD Wolfsburg, 02 337 GTI, 09 JSW
207 Posts
Had a flat on a new set of tires after Jiu-jitsu last night had a Audi S3 driver stop to help and wanted to talk cars. I kinda insisted on letting me just do everything but he kept trying and he ended dropping my brand new wheel on the asphalt and rashing the finish. Oh I wish someone would listen to me once in my life.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I feel your pain.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Picked it up from the body shop Thursday, R32 sideskirts replaced the Thunderbunny sideskirts and rear bumper repaired from me dropping the rear wiper motor on it. Anyway as always when its at a body shop it was covered in overspray so clay barred it silky smooth.
Beautiful car. Nice garage doors too.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Ok so they are already in the car and the ones on the table are the stock ones? Because I was thinking the ones in the car looked blacked out.
I went & put my Ziza blackout set back in the car after having the front end off. I ended up having a bulb out issue & realized that the blinker housing started falling apart. I fixed it but decided to go the oem route. The new set isn’t a full blackout but has some chrome trim below the reflectors.

New set:

Old set:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Curious as to why the control arms? Did they fail in some way?
No failures. Just being proactive. I bought the car around this time last year. I started replacing most of the worn suspension, brakes & wheel bearings then. It was pretty bad. The front control arms, bushings & ball joints included were overdue for replacing. The arms themselves had some significant rust. The motor/ transmission mounts were pretty loose as well. I have a long commute & would rather take care of the issues before they cause me to be in a dangerous or frustrating situation. 😉

·
Registered
207 Posts
“Repaired”my exhaust rattle. The rattle showed up after the USP downpipe install. I thought harmonics were causing a rattle inside the dashboard. It ended up being the metal from the downpipe bracket rubbing the subframe. The old bracket was worn enough to let the metal rub. I used high temp gasket material & glued it in between the bracket & subframe. Ordered a factory mount in the meantime.
Grey Eyewear Tool Hunting knife Sunglasses
Glasses Blue Sunglasses Sleeve Eyewear

·
Registered
207 Posts
This week I scored an Injen CAI complete with MAF for $100, ECS Tuning skid plate for $50, and some much needed trim pieces at the scrap yard. I really love the intake sound with the Injen! Painted a New Beetle cover black to give my bay an OEM look. Also replaced my trunk latch actuator, only to find out that one of the wires near the trunk hinge had broken, what do ya know the old actuator works…
Edit: Will removing my sagging firewall piece cause any ill effects? This looks like it's mostly for sound deadening rather than heat or fire protection, yeah?
View attachment 129445
Try contact spray adhesive on the firewall insulation. I had the same issue with mine & it’s held up for a year now. The beetle engine cover looks pretty good!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Put my front tag back on before I get pulled over. I didn’t feel like drilling holes for the bracket. Zip ties it is then.
Car Vehicle Plant Grille Hood

Hood Tableware Bumper Electronic instrument Gas

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
207 Posts
Is that an infamous 2009 sportwagon?

Nice, those are somewhat rare.

I want to find one with a TSI, and then change the front to an mk6 style :)
Yep. Thanks. I thought the same thing about the front conversion. You’re probably better off with a TSI. I couldn’t find a clean mk6 JSW a year ago. I plan on doing a turbo build. Just unboxed the spare 07k & mounted it to the stand. I’m a sucker for that i5 sound now. Can’t afford an RS3 so…
Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Wheel

1 - 20 of 41 Posts