VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Some people reported notchiness with their short shifter until broken in. I got mine used. Throws are noticeably shorter (obviously).

The first time I ran through the gears to test it I was shocked by how much more precise it was. Feels all around tighter and controlled. It's not grabby, stiffer, or tough to move. I'd call it precise, not notchy.

It gets rid of the shifter bushings.

Shift cables slip into the sections with 4 bolts, they clamp around the cables.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Took about half a day. The Jet Seal has to sit for about 30 minutes and then the Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish Color Enhancer sits for another 15-20 minutes. So, between washing and hand waxing it's quite the good half day project. Nothing a six pack can't fix.
How long does that mix of products last for you? What kind of maintenance do you do in between? Used a buffer to apply?

·
Registered
977 Posts
It provides a noticeably different feel.

I'm just beginning suspension upgrades, so I can't really speak too much from experience, but it does provide a quieter, stiffer ride.

I would think sway bars would provide a bigger change in driving feel, and you can get a set of front/rears for almost the same price of this new.

If you already have a sway bar, this would be a good next step, especially if you can get one used.

1 - 20 of 204 Posts