VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
44141 - 44160 of 44180 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
"A PR code is a production code given to each piece of equipment installed in your vehicle and is used by manufacturers including VW, Audi, Seat, and Skoda. PR Codes contain three characters comprising of letters and numbers."

You can find some of the PR codes on the label in the trunk floor or owners manual if they stuck one in there. It will look like this

View attachment 119879

Unfortunately that label does not contain the complete PR for the build of the car, like I said I have an eight page list of PR codes while the PR label only has about a page worth of info. First page of the list

View attachment 119893

And part of page 2 that show I have PR1Q0 without mass damper for steering wheel that does not appear on the label on trunk floor.

View attachment 119894
thanks so much for the information/education.... much appreciated.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Climatic to Climatronic (mk5 jetta w/mk6 bcm)

All it took was a climatronic face (free), a climatronic blower/ctrl unit (20$) and a PQ35 Climatic-2-Climatronic harness on aliexpress (30$?).

Gotta love u-pick junkyards!

(only thing that doesnt work atm is the dual zone I have to change the distro box to a dual flap motor one. yes, sunlight and air quality sensor both work :) )
nice! this is something I really want to do but I've been too lazy. what stereo are you running?

·
Registered
91 Gli 2.0 16v - 2010 jetta 20v 2.5L - 2007 Gli 2.0T FSI 6sp MT(current)
5 Posts
Getting ready to put in a new clutch kit but haven't been able to find a good DIY for the 02Q and the bentley manual I have only has a section for 5spd not the 6spd 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
4,807 Posts
I've looked through erWin a couple times and even subscribed at one point so I could download a bunch of service manuals... but completely missed that I could put in a VIN and have it tell me about the car.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Bought some Koni Str.t struts and shocks today. Looked on my ECS tuning order page and I brought my Bilsteins back in March 2013 so time for a change. Not sure if I want to keep my H&R super sports as I'm getting to be closer to my mid 40s. The Bilsteins were definitely a stiff ride hopefully the Koni's are a little more comfortable. I had Koni yellows before the Bilsteins and they were pretty stiff as well.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Bought some Koni Str.t struts and shocks today. Looked on my ECS tuning order page and I brought my Bilsteins back in March 2013 so time for a change. Not sure if I want to keep my H&R super sports as I'm getting to be closer to my mid 40s. The Bilsteins were definitely a stiff ride hopefully the Koni's are a little more comfortable. I had Koni yellows before the Bilsteins and they were pretty stiff as well.
Which Bilstein? Mk5 or MK6? B8,B6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2012 CC Luxury 2010 Jetta Wolfsberg
37 Posts
I pushed her out of the garage, into her new spot in the driveway. I fixed her radiator wiring connector. A new aluminum radiator is one its way from ECSTuning. No part shops carry her radiator, and its $240 from the dealer. So $220 for a high volume performance aluminum one sounded like a good decision. Same radiator as my CC. This particular Jetta, 2010 Wolfsburg, is part for part 99% the same as my CC, but the part store doesn't have that info in their system.
Car Land vehicle Cloud Wheel Tire

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I've already ordered Koni Str.t from ECS should be shipping today. Just trying to figure what springs I need to order. I have H&R super sports and they are way too low.
Koni STR would be on par with OEM GTI. VWR springs are safe for OEM dampers, according to their website. They are not progressive. The spring is wound like OEM. Drivers Gear and European Eibach would be good choices too.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
4,807 Posts
Replaced my Ground Control camber plates with 034 track density top mounts and bearings.
What are your thoughts on the differences between the two?

·
Registered
107 Posts
What are your thoughts on the differences between the two?
The rubber mounts are much quieter and more comfortable. With the camber plates you felt and heard every imperfection in the road and it crashed over bumps quite hard. I've gone back to rubber mounts as it's my daily and I just don't need the amount of camber adjustability anymore, I'm prioritising comfort and camber plates kind of defeated the purpose of having comfort orientated coilovers.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge

·
Registered
106 Posts
actually it's what i decided NOT to do to my VW today... lol. i already replaced my gas cap and i'm still getting small evap leak codes and so i checked in with my guru and he said it's most likely the N80 purge valve and i looked at a video and then went down to the car and looked at the part and looked up the cost and was like... i can do that. and i can afford the part. but then i was like... for the most part i have stopped wrenching on cars and while this job looks really straight forward anytime i think that it ends up taking way longer than i expect it to... and then when i was looking at the part i noticed it still had those ridiculous single use VW vacuum hose clamps that are like impossible to remove without a. hurting yourself. b. hurting the hoses c. worse. and so then i was like... the car is going in the shop in a few weeks anyway for some routine maintenance... i'll just have them do it... i'm sure their tech can do it in like 10 or 15 minutes and he probably has some cool vacuum hose clamp removal tool and other implements of VW magick to make the job way easier.

it's times like these when i wish i knew an older dude with time on his hands and knowledge to share and an awesome set of tools... sadly i don't cultivate relationships like i used to and so i don't have ppl like that in my life anymore. i would be more inclined to tackle it under such circumstances but just me with not the exactly right tools for the job and panache for bungling jobs like this leads me to believe i'd be better off leaving it to the professionals regardless of how easy and straight forward it looks... it never is with these cars... i'm kind of embarrassed to admit that in this space but whatever. there's probably a few of you who can relate.

Camera accessory Flash photography Lens Cameras & optics Optical instrument

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
actually it's what i decided NOT to do to my VW today... lol. i already replaced my gas cap and i'm still getting small evap leak codes and so i checked in with my guru and he said it's most likely the N80 purge valve and i looked at a video and then went down to the car and looked at the part and looked up the cost and was like... i can do that. and i can afford the part. but then i was like... for the most part i have stopped wrenching on cars and while this job looks really straight forward anytime i think that it ends up taking way longer than i expect it to... and then when i was looking at the part i noticed it still had those ridiculous single use VW vacuum hose clamps that are like impossible to remove without a. hurting yourself. b. hurting the hoses c. worse. and so then i was like... the car is going in the shop in a few weeks anyway for some routine maintenance... i'll just have them do it... i'm sure their tech can do it in like 10 or 15 minutes and he probably has some cool vacuum hose clamp removal tool and other implements of VW magick to make the job way easier.

it's times like these when i wish i knew an older dude with time on his hands and knowledge to share and an awesome set of tools... sadly i don't cultivate relationships like i used to and so i don't have ppl like that in my life anymore. i would be more inclined to tackle it under such circumstances but just me with not the exactly right tools for the job and panache for bungling jobs like this leads me to believe i'd be better off leaving it to the professionals regardless of how easy and straight forward it looks... it never is with these cars... i'm kind of embarrassed to admit that in this space but whatever. there's probably a few of you who can relate.

View attachment 122384

You can do it!!

Then you windup up breaking every single piece of brittle plastic around the valve with that encouragement. If going in for some other service just have them do it should not cost that much and sometimes you just don't feel like doing the job.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Finally posting but my GTI has gotten quite a bit of needed attention over the past couple of weeks

-TB&WP replacement! Was happy to see the previous pump had metal impellers
-Low pressure fuel filter replacement
-Replaced the CAM follower and HPFP with a junk yard find I’ve been sitting on.
-Oil service
-6MT service

She runs totally different!! All the power is back!!

Hope to install my boost gauge and steering column pod this weekend.
Next big thing will probably be suspension. Thanks for the Mk6 B8 suggestion!

44141 - 44160 of 44180 Posts