VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
44161 - 44180 of 44180 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have 18" peelers on my gti... I have tourag center caps on them now but I when I see VW's with peelers they all have those tourag center caps... decided up go a different direction... before I knew that the tourag caps would work I got some factory peeler center caps just in case... now they have made the ultimate sacrifice for their cousin.... i noticed that these are different from the logo i got for my horn button... so i ordered some 45mm from the same vendor so the horn and center caps will match. ocd level 8. lol.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Rim Automotive design

Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Badge Font

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive lighting Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
89 Posts
Curious as to why the control arms? Did they fail in some way?
No failures. Just being proactive. I bought the car around this time last year. I started replacing most of the worn suspension, brakes & wheel bearings then. It was pretty bad. The front control arms, bushings & ball joints included were overdue for replacing. The arms themselves had some significant rust. The motor/ transmission mounts were pretty loose as well. I have a long commute & would rather take care of the issues before they cause me to be in a dangerous or frustrating situation. 😉

·
Registered
106 Posts
No failures. Just being proactive. I bought the car around this time last year. I started replacing most of the worn suspension, brakes & wheel bearings then. It was pretty bad. The front control arms, bushings & ball joints included were overdue for replacing. The arms themselves had some significant rust. The motor/ transmission mounts were pretty loose as well. I have a long commute & would rather take care of the issues before they cause me to be in a dangerous or frustrating situation. 😉
i replaced my entire front suspension at the beginning of the summer. what a huge difference it makes!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Got her back from shop after a bad cam chain replacement resulted in a wasted head and cam. So had entire top end replaced at zero cost. Along with DSG service/ stage 2 tune , new I/C , CTS K04, S3 injectors, timing belt kit, and Unitronic stage 2+. The W/M gets installed today.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
2006 Mk5 Rabbit 2 door.
Mk6 Bilstein B8 sport struts, shocks.
VWR springs.
Lemforder front and rear mounts.
SKF strut bearings.
KYB bellows.
Audi TT rear upper spring isolators. (Reduce rear sag).
All associated hardware new OEM VW.

Was on OEM suspension. I bought the car with 73k and mechanically it was perfect. I did notice that the struts and shocks part numbers came up as EOS OEM. Rabbit has a different part number. Well anyways, the suspension isn’t as tight as I’d like it to be so that’s why I’m going with this new combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I worked on installing a backup camera for my wife, but I held off on actually connecting it because I didn't want to chop into the wrong wires.

... And managed to get a steady "trunk open" light for my troubles once I reconnected the battery.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
2006 Mk5 Rabbit 2 door.
Mk6 Bilstein B8 sport struts, shocks.
VWR springs.
Lemforder front and rear mounts.
SKF strut bearings.
KYB bellows.
Audi TT rear upper spring isolators. (Reduce rear sag).
All associated hardware new OEM VW.

Was on OEM suspension. I bought the car with 73k and mechanically it was perfect. I did notice that the struts and shocks part numbers came up as EOS OEM. Rabbit has a different part number. Well anyways, the suspension isn’t as tight as I’d like it to be so that’s why I’m going with this new combo.

Nice work. Those B8s and VWR springs should stiffen it right up.

Just installed B4s on the stock springs on my Jetta. Did new strut mounts & bearings, new front bellows and bump stops, and rear bump stops, plus all new OEM hardare. In my opinion, it's perfect, wouldn't want it any firmer. Little lower, maybe...

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Nice work. Those B8s and VWR springs should stiffen it right up.

Just installed B4s on the stock springs on my Jetta. Did new strut mounts & bearings, new front bellows and bump stops, and rear bump stops, plus all new OEM hardare. In my opinion, it's perfect, wouldn't want it any firmer. Little lower, maybe...
Driver gear springs with GTI B4 would probably give you what you want.

Believe it or not, it’s not that stiff, that’s why I went with MK6 B8’s.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Finally got my MkV GTI back from shop after a broken timing chain debacle. Distributor took responsibility for defective part and replaced the entire top end of motor along with new belt. Since the shop wasn’t charging labor , I upgraded Turbo , injectors , serviced DSG , installed new I.C., new catch can and noise pipe delete. I then had them install a front / rear frame collar set and a new LPFP. The day after I got the car I painted the front grills Gloss Black.
Damn thing is like a whole new car.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Finally got my MkV GTI back from shop after a broken timing chain debacle. Distributor took responsibility for defective part and replaced the entire top end of motor along with new belt. Since the shop wasn’t charging labor , I upgraded Turbo , injectors , serviced DSG , installed new I.C., new catch can and noise pipe delete. I then had them install a front / rear frame collar set and a new LPFP. The day after I got the car I painted the front grills Gloss Black.
Damn thing is like a whole new car.
Woah! Some pics would be awesome.

Sent from my Samsung Smart Fridge

44161 - 44180 of 44180 Posts