VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
44461 - 44480 of 44567 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Depends is it worth it to you? It was to me. I got a nice Mk6 Golf R motor to replace mine. All and all its was close to $4k to do.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
ten days before this happened i put a new stage 2 clutch in it... (and no i wasn't beating on it... the oil pump failed)
i put a full stage 2 front suspension on it last fall...

and it's got all this stuff in it:
  • Stage 2+ (19psi) with emissions deleted
  • Forge Carbon Fiber Twintake
  • Megan Racing turbo-back exhaust
  • Koni shocks/H&R springs
  • European Audi S3 all metal intercooler
  • sillicone boost hoses
  • PCV kit
  • Mishimoto all aluminum radiator
  • OEM Audi 18" peelers with new UHP tires
  • Megan Racing rear adjustable control arms
  • Hotchkis rear sway bar
  • Forge turbo muffler delete kit
  • Go Fast Bits DV+

i have an 05 e320 with only 70k on it i could sell to get the gti fixed... i don't need 2 cars... would be easier to sell the benz since it's clean and mint. (it was my dad's)

i hate making decisions like this...

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Before and after pictures. H&R super sports with bilstein sport shocks VWR springs and shocks. Plus VWR subframe mount and Tyrolsport deadset. Shifts and rides so smooth!!

I have VWR springs with Bilstein B8 sports. It’s so smooth. Almost stock ride. I went with mk6 sports. They are not as firm.

If you want to raise the rear a little bit since these springs have reverse rake, you can use TT upper spring pads to give you a few mm more. I did this since I don’t like reverse rake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
so the guy who built my car told me that if the the clutch is too stiff it will cause the thurst bearing to fail which is what happened in my car... so i'm thinking that the clutch was not properly installed...

of course my shop is claiming no responsibility.

tangentially... can i use a motor from an automatic car in a manual car? or are there too many parts to swap over?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
so the guy who built my car told me that if the the clutch is too stiff it will cause the thurst bearing to fail which is what happened in my car... so i'm thinking that the clutch was not properly installed...

tangentially... can i use a motor from an automatic car in a manual car? or are there too many parts to swap over?
You can use a motor from a dsg.

·
Registered
10,203 Posts

How many miles was on the pump?

For the thrust bearings do a search on the clutch pedal bypass/harness, this will allow you to start the engine without having to push pedal in and which can cause wear especially on cold a engine.

Any BPY short or long block will work just swap over your ancillaries/sensor from your old engine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
How many miles was on the pump?

For the thrust bearings do a search on the clutch pedal bypass/harness, this will allow you to start the engine without having to push pedal in and which can cause wear especially on cold a engine.

Any BPY short or long block will work just swap over your ancillaries/sensor from your old engine.
177k on the clock.

if i rebuild it... clutch pedal bypass/harness is a must! thank you, sir!

will my ecu with my stage 2 tune swap or will i have to get a new ecu and have it flashed?

so many variables... sigh

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
will my ecu with my stage 2 tune swap or will i have to get a new ecu and have it flashed?

so many variables... sigh
You are just swapping in a short/long block/engine into the existing car so nothing needs to be done with the Ecu. Just swap over your ancillaries/sensor from your old engine over to the replacement.

·
Registered
85 Jetta TD Wolfsburg, 02 337 GTI, 09 JSW
204 Posts

·
Registered
10,349 Posts
Installed the right front strut which was the last of a full set of Bilstein B4s. For some reason I had the worst time inserting the new front struts into the steering knuckles. Super tight fit.

Very happy with the B4s. Noticeably firmer than stock but still comfortable. They pair well with the 18" Michelin PS4ses that I'm running. Car is very dialed in now. (y)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Changed the spark plugs with ZFR6T-11G and fixed the intake box at the grill. The two tabs on the sides were long broken off. Just drilled two holes on top and relocated the speed clips to those holes. Then, used two spare screws I had.
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Car Grille

Hand Vertebrate Jewellery Electric blue Font

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Changed the spark plugs with ZFR6T-11G and fixed the intake box at the grill. The two tabs on the sides were long broken off. Just drilled two holes on top and relocated the speed clips to those holes. Then, used two spare screws I had.
View attachment 187996
View attachment 187997
Those plug are nice. One shade cooler than the platinums. Should be able to pull more timing.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Those plug are nice. One shade cooler than the platinums. Should be able to pull more timing.

It certainly started quicker. Can't tell any driving difference with the old butt dyno.

·
Registered
10,349 Posts
Installed the right front strut which was the last of a full set of Bilstein B4s. For some reason I had the worst time inserting the new front struts into the steering knuckles. Super tight fit.

Very happy with the B4s. Noticeably firmer than stock but still comfortable. They pair well with the 18" Michelin PS4ses that I'm running. Car is very dialed in now. (y)
Snapped a shot after I pulled it out of the garage --

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

Stock springs? Did your car have sport suspension?

44461 - 44480 of 44567 Posts