VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
44501 - 44520 of 44567 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L, Wolfsburg Edition & 1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet 1.8L
103 Posts
Drove it! Over the past few months, I’ve put on Solowerks coilovers, new LCAs, ball-joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, a Brembo brake and rotor kit, changed the oil. Love this car!
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Automotive side marker light

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
561 Posts
We purchased a matching set of rear rotors to from Adam’s Rotors To match the front Stasis rotors. Waiting for my full set of Maxton splitters, spoiler and rear diffuser. I saw that someone posted a memorium for my Uncle. Thank you. I want to use his sign in to keep him in my heart. I I hope that is o.k.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
We purchased a matching set of rear rotors to from Adam’s Rotors To match the front Stasis rotors. Waiting for my full set of Maxton splitters, spoiler and rear diffuser. I saw that someone posted a memoriam for my Uncle. Thank you. I want to use his sign in to keep him in my heart. I I hope that is o.k.
View attachment 192171
Whoa, are you his niece? So sorry to hear about that. Car looks terrific.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I could use a friend to cut and weld in new rockers...post some progress pics if you don't mind.
I honestly should start a thread for this car and post the history and progress on this car. We're going all out fixing all the rust. I'll be honest, after working as a mechanical technician for 12 years, it's scary to see my car get cut up like this.😂 Excited to see the results once we're done. Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
We purchased a matching set of rear rotors to from Adam’s Rotors To match the front Stasis rotors. Waiting for my full set of Maxton splitters, spoiler and rear diffuser. I saw that someone posted a memorium for my Uncle. Thank you. I want to use his sign in to keep him in my heart. I I hope that is o.k.
View attachment 192171
View attachment 192170
Sorry for your loss. We chatted on here from time to time on threads.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Ordered some Soumatrix Xtase speakers for the Rabbit. The passenger side rear speaker was blown when I bought the car in 2014, and the factory system sounds like garbage. Since we're welding in the rockers, we want to pull the interior to pull the foam out that's behind the quarters. It's flammable, and the last thing we need is that catching on fire while doing bodywork. While everything is out, I figured I might as well upgrade the sound system. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Pulling the interiors on the 2-doors is more work than on the 4-doors.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Ordered some Soumatrix Xtase speakers for the Rabbit. The passenger side rear speaker was blown when I bought the car in 2014, and the factory system sounds like garbage. Since we're welding in the rockers, we want to pull the interior to pull the foam out that's behind the quarters. It's flammable, and the last thing we need is that catching on fire while doing bodywork. While everything is out, I figured I might as well upgrade the sound system. Pulling the interiors on the 2-doors is more work than on the 4-doors.
I got these speakers a few years ago for my GTI totally worth it!

·
Registered
10,201 Posts
I honestly should start a thread for this car and post the history and progress on this car. We're going all out fixing all the rust. I'll be honest, after working as a mechanical technician for 12 years, it's scary to see my car get cut up like this.😂 Excited to see the results once we're done. Here are some pictures:

Hoping these MK5 don't take the title away from the MK3 for being rust buckets

·
Registered
427 Posts
I wonder why they are so bad. My 04 B5.5 passat has absolutely Zero rust anywhere except for maybe the rotors.

I agree though. My old Mk3 K2 Jetta was Flinstones at one point. I mean a hole about a foot in diameter in the rear floor board.

·
Registered
158 Posts
temporarily replaced it... still looking for a motor for the gti... my dad is at the age where he decided he is done driving... so he sent me his car... the truck it's on gets here today...

i'll drive his car for the summer... then sell it... then use that $ to fix my car. that's the plan at the moment anyway...

so if anyone is in the market for a really low miles e320... let me know. :cautious:

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
I wonder why they are so bad. My 04 B5.5 passat has absolutely Zero rust anywhere except for maybe the rotors.

I agree though. My old Mk3 K2 Jetta was Flinstones at one point. I mean a hole about a foot in diameter in the rear floor board.
I don't think they will. My dad's MKIVs are definitely worse than my MKVs. A lot of this rust would never be visible if one didn't look for it. The edges of the rockers are visible but everything that is visible once it's cut off would never be seen. The fenders are a common culprit, so no surprise there. I live in upstate New York and we salt the roads like mad here during the winter. It really depends where you live. The salt accelerates the rust like crazy. This car only has 3-4 salty winters on it and is quite clean underneath still, but it is almost 14 years old.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
temporarily replaced it... still looking for a motor for the gti... my dad is at the age where he decided he is done driving... so he sent me his car... the truck it's on gets here today...

i'll drive his car for the summer... then sell it... then use that $ to fix my car. that's the plan at the moment anyway...

so if anyone is in the market for a really low miles e320... let me know. :cautious:
Are you looking for a FSI or TSI? I have a FSI laying around that I pulled out of my gray GTI... Also, curious about this E320. Shoot me a pm.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
5,557 Posts
Ordered some Soumatrix Xtase speakers for the Rabbit. The passenger side rear speaker was blown when I bought the car in 2014, and the factory system sounds like garbage. Since we're welding in the rockers, we want to pull the interior to pull the foam out that's behind the quarters. It's flammable, and the last thing we need is that catching on fire while doing bodywork. While everything is out, I figured I might as well upgrade the sound system. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Pulling the interiors on the 2-doors is more work than on the 4-doors.
I got these speakers a few years ago for my GTI totally worth it!

Are these what y'all got? They're expensive. :oops:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Are these what y'all got? They're expensive. :oops:
I bought the Xtase series not the Inspirit. Supposed to have them today. Yes, I paid $649 off of the Soumatrix website. No tax or shipping. 🤑

·
Registered
85 Jetta TD Wolfsburg, 02 337 GTI, 09 JSW
204 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Did a rear pad slap on it in less than an hour. The rear brakes were new, but reallllllllly dusty. Textar brand. Same kind on my A4 which are nice and grippy, but dusty. I bought a set of ATE ceramics front and rear, but only needed to do the fronts to make it past inspection. I decided to do them but leave the rotors on since the were new. Didn't want to mess with the triple square for the rear bracket today, either.

·
Registered
2008 Golf R32 / 2007 GLI Fahrenheit
46 Posts
Hi all! I’m very happy to say I have bought a mk5 R32. 1 owner, still has the original window sticker, kept very mint, over 30k In maintenance, and I got the friends discount on it for 7,500, I couldn’t pass up this beauty! Always been a dream car of mine. So far I have a haldex performance module installed, flapper mod done, an MIBII radio, and a few other little things here and on the way still.
Gear shift Vehicle Satellite radio Radio Plant

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Car Land vehicle Wheel Tire Vehicle

44501 - 44520 of 44567 Posts