VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
44521 - 44540 of 44612 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Hi all! I’m very happy to say I have bought a mk5 R32. 1 owner, still has the original window sticker, kept very mint, over 30k In maintenance, and I got the friends discount on it for 7,500, I couldn’t pass up this beauty! Always been a dream car of mine.
Gorgeous! Over 30k in maintenance and dude let you have it for 7500? How many miles on it? I'd be tempted to put on BAT and take a huge profit.

·
Registered
2008 Golf R32 / 2007 GLI Fahrenheit
46 Posts
Gorgeous! Over 30k in maintenance and dude let you have it for 7500? How many miles on it? I'd be tempted to put on BAT and take a huge profit.
I would but this has been my childhood dream car and the experience is so crazy I don’t ever want to get rid of it. 150,000 on the odometer right now, all the climate vents are intact, rear cupholders, and the seats not a wrinkle if that tells you how well kept this thing was

·
Registered
2008 Golf R32 / 2007 GLI Fahrenheit
46 Posts
Agreed, not sure on the details of that R32 from your photos but if it's halfway decent, for $7500 you stole that.
Oh it was a steal for sure he knew that, he said he was gonna lost for 15k but after seeing my mk5 he said he’d give me the friends discount cause he wanted someone to appreciate the car as much as he had when he bought it new

·
Registered
5 Posts
Installed a color-matched trunk lip spoiler today -- subtle but that's what I wanted.

View attachment 194509
View attachment 194510
Wow, car looks mint—very OEM+! What did you use for adhesive on the spoiler? I have one just like it that I bought as new-old-stock, but the box says it's from October of 08 so I'm going to assume that the adhesive tape that comes on it is no good at this point...

·
Registered
10,368 Posts
Wow, car looks mint—very OEM+! What did you use for adhesive on the spoiler? I have one just like it that I bought as new-old-stock, but the box says it's from October of 08 so I'm going to assume that the adhesive tape that comes on it is no good at this point...
Thanks! Always wanted an OEM painted lip spoiler but they're NLA now, so I got one for $70 from Fyralip -- they're from Taiwan and they claim they use Standox paint. The paint match isn't perfect but the car does have 14-year-old paint so I'm not sure I can fault that. it is a quality job. I'm happy with it for the price. It came with 3M molding tape on it. Not sure how long it stays sticky but you might want to peel the old tape off yours and put new tape on before you install just to be safe.

Here's a full side shot and a photo of the Wolfsburg grille I bought (fortunately before the price skyrocketed--I'm guessing they'll go NLA soon)...

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light
Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
^ nice. Are you in Michigan? Ypsilanti dub, here.

Detailed the **** outta this :poop: late into last night. Informal car show at work provided some motivation to get her all the way cleaned up. Now I can relax back into neglectful mode for a while, lol.

Should have some better pics from the photographer later. Had to park in the back corner to avoid showing everyone the car's bad (rusty passenger) side, haha.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put in an RCD330 a few nights ago. Ordered it on 4/18, received on 5/2 from China. Got it with the canbus adapter and USB socket. I have the same radio (almost) in my wife's 17 AllTrack. I wanted the same in my 07 GLI. The AUX cable to BT dongle and phone charger setup was too much for me to handle anymore. Plus, my original radio's knobs were all cracked.

Taking apart the center console wasn't too bad, nor was removing the shifter and cigarette lighter tray. All told, about one hour to get everything working.

Here's the before:
View attachment 182566

Here's the after:
View attachment 182564
View attachment 182563
View attachment 182561
View attachment 182560

So far I don't think there's been any battery drain issue. Along with adding functionality to the MFSW, I think the canbus is supposed to eliminate battery drain. It appears my radio has the lastest firmware, but I have seen others with different background screens. I can't find anything that can change that in the menus. Am I missing something?
Looks great! Are you happy with the RCD330? Any issues with it? Can you share the link where you bought it? thanks

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
^ I bought my RCD330 (mine's actually a RCD360, I think) off ebay, just chose the cheapest one that looked right and included the adaptors. Just search there. Plug and play, only took ~20 minutes start to finish. Such a huge upgrade.

·
Registered
2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5L, Wolfsburg Edition & 1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet 1.8L
103 Posts
Said **** it and bought an IE intake manifold and a Stage 2 tune :devilish: hoping my Injen CAI can play nice with it/fits with the throttle body relocation...I've seen pictures of that setup. Anyone have any insight on clearance issues? Mostly concerned about the SAI hoses reaching but willing to hack away some of that Injen CAI if needed.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Said **** it and bought an IE intake manifold and a Stage 2 tune :devilish: hoping my Injen CAI can play nice with it/fits with the throttle body relocation...I've seen pictures of that setup. Anyone have any insight on clearance issues? Mostly concerned about the SAI hoses reaching but willing to hack away some of that Injen CAI if needed.
Nice! Now that you've demonstrated your willingness to blow cash on an old car (not even waiting for the IE sale prices?!?), you should also pair that with an evolution tuning header and USP mid pipe. 200+ HP at the wheels to pull on GTIs all day!

I'm sure your injen intake can be made to work. Might need a silicone 30 or 45 degree angle coupler. SAI and CCV hoses can be extended as needed.

44521 - 44540 of 44612 Posts