VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
44561 - 44580 of 44614 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Golf R32 / 2007 GLI Fahrenheit
46 Posts
A while back I remember seeing a fiberglass diffuser for the R, I think it was Russian or something… :/

There are some rear spoiler extensions available out there but I think most people take theirs off after a while.

I’m partial to tint and a nice set of OEM wheels, I’m running a set of Charlestons on my R and I really like the look.

This is the only pic I have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I should’ve kept the charlstons from my mk5 GLI Fahrenheit those are nice

·
Registered
572 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Went to the PnP and got some new2me door skins, PS harness, A pillar interior trim, HVAC fan, grille emblem, and found a Bose spare tire sub in a Q7 in good shape. $60 for all. Going back to get some Passat control arms (alum), and found a Tig w/ heated seats for an upgrade on our '18 Limited.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Golf R32 / 2007 GLI Fahrenheit
46 Posts
Have you thought about glossing up your rear lower valance? We did mine a couple of months ago. Sanded it down with an orbital sander, then primer filler, a little more sanding, then took it to paint shop. Came back glossy blk. really makes the exhaust look nice. They charged my $50 to paint it.
Car is actually in right now getting some body work done on the right rear quarter panel which was damaged by a friend, still haven’t figured out what to do for paint but I’ll keep that in mind, that would explain why it looks like a different color on camera!

·
Registered
2008 VW R32 - (Rotrex Supercharged)
2,622 Posts
I charged the battery - All day…

Sent from my iPhone 13PM, using Tapatalk

·
Registered
437 Posts
I asked to get a butt-feeling if starters seem to last longer on an auto vs manual car... as of now, I dont see much difference though.
I don't know if you would see any difference in longevity, all else being equal. The only difference is flexplate or flywheel.

·
Registered
2007 GTI 2013 Beetle turbo
2,002 Posts
What material and color is that?
hey there, I used the following products
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079YXGJ8T/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MEBENM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

perhaps I went heavy with the spray as I used the whole can and had to buy some 3M super 77 locally at a home depot to get the edges affixed to the side you won't see. I preferred the 3M headliner specific adhesive as it went on kind of like silly string vs the 77 which easily would soak through so I guess it's good that it was on the hidden side. One of those processes you learn as you go so, even though I wouldn't want to, if I did it again it would be better
Sky Wood Automotive exterior Composite material Tints and shades

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

I got through most of it before having to head to work, it’s very nice material just a struggle of an effort

·
Registered
572 Posts
Did a balance shaft delete and replaced a leaky thermostat housing yesterday. This weekend putting s3 spindles and LCAs on all four corners with power flex urethane bushings and a 034 frame lock kit on front and rear along with adjustable rear upper control arms. It will be a busy weekend!

44561 - 44580 of 44614 Posts