VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

What did you do to your Quantum today?

187K views 644 replies 84 participants last post by  skopek 
#1 ·
I'm sure this will be a slow moving thread, but what the hell I think we need one.

Even though it wasn't today, I'll start....
Flushed and bled the whole brake system with new blue stuff.

Modified by DubbinChris at 6:04 AM 7-30-2008

Modified by DubbinChris at 10:54 AM 7-31-2008

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: FV-QR (eurowner)

Quote, originally posted by eurowner »
pics broken

Fixed

Quote, originally posted by Dubbin_B4 »
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3358496

Except that I don't have a Passat.

Quote, originally posted by DubbinChris »
I'm sure this will be a slow moving thread, but what the hell I think we need one.

Modified by DubbinChris at 10:57 AM 7-31-2008

#11 ·
Re: (53Bicycles)

Yours is a Passat. It's a type 32B. Because in Germany they were named Passat from Dasher over Quantum up to the current ones. I am from Germany and I own 4 of them. 1 sedan, 2 hatchback and 1 wagon.
But you are right not to click on anything here unless it has Quantum or QSW in the title, because there are much too little of them here in the forum.
Did you already have a look on the forum of our german club for all Passat (and Dasher, Quantum, Santana) models of the first two generations?
Passat-Kartei-Deutschland
http://www.passat-kartei.de
I hope to see more Quantum pics and reports here.
Greez from Cologne, Germany. Martin

Modified by koelnpassat at 10:41 PM 8-2-2008

Modified by koelnpassat at 10:42 PM 8-2-2008

#12 ·
Re: (koelnpassat)

I'm with Koeln. While yes we may technically have a Passat I still pretty much only click on stuff that has Quantum or QSW in the title.
I don't want this thread to turn into a pissing match as to what kind of car we're actually talking about. Most of the cars in this Passat groups are not the Quantum as named here in the U.S. so I thus created this separate thread just for the older (and unique) Passats/Quantums.
Let just keep the thread on topic if we could. It seems to work in other similar threads.

#13 ·
Yes, sorry don't mean to sound rude, it does become a passat or santana for a while when searching on international ebays. But on here it will stay a Quantum to conserve clicks.
Today I re-aimed my headlights. I bought them recently and hadn't driven in true darkness yet. While coming home from the beach the other night I found they were aimed very low, and with the beam cutoff I not only couldn't see well but looked like quite a tool.

#14 ·
Re: (DubbinChris)

Yes, of course. And most of all the american name Quantum makes it easier to differentiate the models.
Passat-Kartei-Deutschland (PKD) is only about the models until '88 (Dasher and Quantum).
Quantum are very much looked for under enthusiasts in Germany. Unfortenutely I crashed mine ('85 Quantum GL5 fuel injection sedan) last October. A truck to the left and a barrier to the right. I hit both.

Fortunately a friend of mine bought it, so he will live on.

Pics of my collection will follow, as posting/linking does not work yet.

Modified by koelnpassat at 11:37 PM 8-4-2008

#22 ·
Re: FV-QR (Gloktimus Prime)

Quote, originally posted by Gloktimus Prime »
Well I bought my first Quatum, monday night...
And today i vacuumed the interior and, put the tear drops from my MK II on her...Oh yes and drove her around the block....
I love this car already...

PICS?

#25 ·
Re: (JohnBarleyCorn)

bought one this past weekend, now it's in the garage waiting for a few weeks till i have time to register, fix than inspect it so I can drive it to work every day

this is my 4th passat wagon, but my first with an autotragic (had a B3, B4 and currently have a B5)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.