VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
6161 - 6180 of 6216 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
After riding 18” all year, I can honestly say I forgot how noticeably more comfortable 17” wheels are, and I’m debating finding a new set for summer…
What tire pressure are you running on the 18"? I run mine at 36 PSI instead of the recommended 42 PSI, that alone will make a huge difference in comfort.

· Registered
32 Posts
What tire pressure are you running on the 18"? I run mine at 36 PSI instead of the recommended 42 PSI, that alone will make a huge difference in comfort.
Good question, I honestly don’t have a gauge so I’m not really monitoring pressure minus a flat of course.
I do ride tubeless tires on my road bicycle and agree it is light years more comfortable at a low psi vs tubes and 100+ pressure.

· Registered
24 Posts
What wheels are those? Pro Track? Jealous of your color, I had something very similar on my B9 A4.. I think Audi calls it Midnight Blue Metallic, maybe it is the same paint? IDK
View attachment 242967
My "what did you do to your wagon today" post is: drove it to school and had the coolest car in the lot :cool:
View attachment 242968
VW calls it Night Blue Metallic... the wheels are my winters on Alzor Style MB8

· Registered
6 Posts
Recently got a 2015 Sportwagen Diesel Stick with no sunroof. Bought it sight unseen in person from an auction in Texas and I live in Florida and had her shipped to me. I luv this little wagen, she needed a little cosmetic and practical luv so I gave her some.

Got her professionally detailed, which included painting the bumpers and a Ceramic Coating. Little dechrome too and 30% chrome window tint all around

Then.. all at once
Malone Roof Racks
Sparco Terra 16x7 Rims with Continental Extreme Contact shoes, yea I like light tough practical wheels
Curt Trailer Hitch
VW Factory Mud Flaps
Euro Plate

She luved it so much I decided to upgrade the audio system, only ordered door speakers and amp so far. Gonna keep the head unit, working on details in audio forums.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car Grille Automotive tire

Yes I fixed the wiper, didn't notice it until I looked at this pic lol

Oh the Curt hitch was a little work to install but fits perfect. Well with a little luv and Dremel.

Plant Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

· Registered
13 Posts
Oil change, plugs and air filters. Coolant is on the low line- I topped it up 10k ago so will need to do that again once car is cold. Someone on the VW Discord mentioned EA888's tend to consume a small amount of coolant, aside from the leaky thermostats/waterpumps. Some front end creaking from what I think is the front sway bar or end links- should these be changed after lowering? Observed the fact that the grey SM-10s look cool with a bit of winter road grime on them. 50,6XX miles and growing every day!
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Hood Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
3,929 Posts
Oil change, plugs and air filters. Coolant is on the low line- I topped it up 10k ago so will need to do that again once car is cold. Someone on the VW Discord mentioned EA888's tend to consume a small amount of coolant, aside from the leaky thermostats/waterpumps. Some front end creaking from what I think is the front sway bar or end links- should these be changed after lowering? Observed the fact that the grey SM-10s look cool with a bit of winter road grime on them. 50,6XX miles and growing every day!
View attachment 249669
View attachment 249670
View attachment 249668
Almost 100% chance your thermostat housing/water pump is leaking.

· Registered
2018 VW Alltrack SE
922 Posts
Almost 100% chance your thermostat housing/water pump is leaking.
I had my car in the dealer recently and asked them to look at the water pump. My coolant level was a bit below the Min line. They made no comment and just topped off the sealant (there was an ice storm coming and they were closing early so I gave them the benefit of the doubt). I have over a year of warranty left so I'll keep a closer eye on this. Are signs of a leak pretty obvious? I'll have to get under the car soon.

· Registered
13 Posts
I had my car in the dealer recently and asked them to look at the water pump. My coolant level was a bit below the Min line. They made no comment and just topped off the sealant (there was an ice storm coming and they were closing early so I gave them the benefit of the doubt). I have over a year of warranty left so I'll keep a closer eye on this. Are signs of a leak pretty obvious? I'll have to get under the car soon.
I'll see if I can get under the car and look for obvious signs of a leak. Now that I think about it, shouldn't we be covered under the extended warranty for the water pump? I have gotten quite a few letters about this, from VW or other entities looking to profit off a class action lawsuit.

· Registered
2,699 Posts
if its slow it'll be just on the housing as dried crustilcles, it'll only weep and show signs on the lower engine block/floor once it's really bad.

· Registered
3,929 Posts
Yes, just get under it and look up at the front of the car up under the intake manifold at the water pump...dry coolant will be the sign!

Reactions: VQVW

· Registered
'17 Alltrack SE
508 Posts
I'll see if I can get under the car and look for obvious signs of a leak. Now that I think about it, shouldn't we be covered under the extended warranty for the water pump? I have gotten quite a few letters about this, from VW or other entities looking to profit off a class action lawsuit.
Just had mine done under the new water pump/thermostats extended warranty. Should be free.99.

Dummies at Dick Hannah VW broke the core support attachment points for the intake/duct, and lost a grommet for my intake… and tried to play it off like nothing happened. Glad I gave everything a once-over before pulling out of their shop. So more new parts on their dime coming.

• Wow
Reactions: VQVW

· Registered
2018 Sportswagen IS20 IE Stage 3 - MKV R32 - 16 Passat R-Line
155 Posts
Still waiting on my Is38 that has been back ordered since black friday.

starting to run out of patience, only thing saving me from buying a new unit from ihi is that IE didn't release the tune yet.:cry:

· Registered
2,699 Posts
I need to put that on my list, I snapped a little bit of the collar on reinserting during the turbo job, no currently leaks.

The unit Karst installed appears to be a bit different than the linked unit but I imagine they accomplish the same thing.

6161 - 6180 of 6216 Posts