VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

6781 - 6790 of 6790 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Just got my Tiguan back from the shop after 2 weeks ... Transmission failed and they replace it with a new (used) one. Replaced front struts with Koni active struts and installed a Neuspeed front sway bar. Car is riding good again !!
Thanks SteveO !!
What front neuspeed bar did you have installed? When I did my rear I asked neuspeed about a front and they said it was a different bar and is shaped or sized than other models and that it was not worth them making one for only the Tiguan because there was not enough demand. This was about a year ago but I don’t see them listing one online. Did you use a golf mk6 or other model bar?

On Thursday I am planning to go APR stage 1+. Then I am planning on installing the 034 Motorsport pendulum dogbone and the upper and lower mount. Just need to order the new bolts from ECS. Has anyone done this? I know it is kind of overkill and will introduce more vibrations but I got a great deal on the dogbone and feel it is a job I can do and am interested to see the changes it will bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Koni special actives and Neuspeed sway bar, bet that thing rides great now

Reactions: RocketTig

·
Registered
70 Posts
What front neuspeed bar did you have installed? When I did my rear I asked neuspeed about a front and they said it was a different bar and is shaped or sized than other models and that it was not worth them making one for only the Tiguan because there was not enough demand. This was about a year ago but I don’t see them listing one online. Did you use a golf mk6 or other model bar?

On Thursday I am planning to go APR stage 1+. Then I am planning on installing the 034 Motorsport pendulum dogbone and the upper and lower mount. Just need to order the new bolts from ECS. Has anyone done this? I know it is kind of overkill and will introduce more vibrations but I got a great deal on the dogbone and feel it is a job I can do and am interested to see the changes it will bring.

Here is the link for the front sway bar Front Sway Bar Kit - 25mm
The new struts and sway bar sure did make the steering much better !!

I put a dogbone in a few weeks ago, not sure if I like it, vibrates in reverse pretty good. My mechanic said I need to replace the engine/trans mounts next.

I am having too much fun with this car !!

·
Registered
70 Posts
How did the transmission fail?

We have a much more stout transmission than the Golfs and Jettas have, 450NM capacity, I never had any issues with mine even with a K04.
Not sure how it failed, I need to ask the mechanic. The car was running fine except when I stepped on it real good and then it felt like wheel hop. It started getting worse and they said there was metal in the trans fluid ... Trans was shifting ruff from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4, that is when I added the dog bone to see if it would fix the slack shifting.

Maybe I am having too much fun !!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Koni special actives and Neuspeed sway bar, bet that thing rides great now
I have had the Koni active shocks on the back a few months, finally got the front struts installed.
Also have the Nuespeed rear sway bar and now the matching front sway bar.
Sure is fun to drive now !!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Here is the link for the front sway bar Front Sway Bar Kit - 25mm
The new struts and sway bar sure did make the steering much better !!

I put a dogbone in a few weeks ago, not sure if I like it, vibrates in reverse pretty good. My mechanic said I need to replace the engine/trans mounts next.

I am having too much fun with this car !!
I know what you mean there is just so much you can do to these tigs. Thanks for the info on the bar and the feedback on the dogbone. I may wait and just start with the db inserts first to keep the wife happy I don’t think she is looking for a massage when reversing. Did you notice any positives in performance after the upgrade? Did you also do the dogbone upper and lower inserts at the same time? I heard the engine and trans mounts are a bitch to install. How many miles do you have?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Visited my “local” independent VAG shop Ingolstadt West in Canoga Park for an oil change and APR Stage 1+ flash. Wish I had pulled the trigger sooner because it is awesome. So much more responsive and fun to drive. If you are on the fence I highly suggest doing it sooner than later. I thoroughly enjoyed my 30 minute ride home flying around people.

Dogbone upper and lower 034 Motorsport inserts will be the next on my list when I get some free time to get underneath the tig.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have this in every other forum for every type of car...figured I'd try it out in here... I'll start and if there is a forum like this here already please link me
yellow fogs
.:R style tails and I modified the rear license plate
that huge plastic chunk is really tacky

Sent from the bottomless pits of HELL!
Today I fixed (fingers crossed) the infamous Tiguan leak and also stuck the Bluetooth module in rice...

6781 - 6790 of 6790 Posts