VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
603 Posts
Re: What do I need to do to get 240 HP w/ a Giac Chip? (BostonGTI)

How much power are you pushing now? Have you been on a dyno to see how much further you have to go to reach 200hp? Your future mods list might get you there.

· Registered
39,385 Posts

There's been a few folks who've put down 190-200whp with all the basics. The problem is that the K03 is so tiny that trying to extract any more power is almost an exercise in futility. Pretty soon you find yourself blowing hundreds of bucks on different intercoolers, intercooler sprayers, turbo inlet pipes, hard pipes to replace all stock hoses, larger MAF, replacing your DV with a recirculating BOV to prevent boost leaking past the DV, etc. For all that money you could just get a K04 instead and be pretty much guaranteed you'd put down 205-215whp with just the basic bolt ons.

· Registered
6,485 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]What do i need to do to get 240 Hp w/ a Giac chip without a Ko4? Exhaust, Downpipe.... what else??
Mike[HR][/HR]​
Well, I have 230 HP with a GIAC chip right now. All I have is a chip, DP, no cat, GReddy 60mm exhaust, ATP FMIC and Autothority CAI. Thats all I needed to get almost 240 HP...only thing that'll get me more is nitrous (which I had). http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,387 Posts
Re: What do I need to do to get 240 HP w/ a Giac Chip? (VWTornado)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Well, I have 230 HP with a GIAC chip right now. All I have is a chip, DP, no cat, GReddy 60mm exhaust, ATP FMIC and Autothority CAI. Thats all I needed to get almost 240 HP...only thing that'll get me more is nitrous (which I had). http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[HR][/HR]​
so the drivetrain loss is calculated at 15% ? I thought it was more at 11-12% for 1.8t's, which would put 200whp around 224hp.
AWW-AWP's are great and all ( go k03 sport
), but 240 crank with it is dreaming.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.