VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've aquired the 9-10 psi pulley for the Autotech Supercharger on my A1 Jetta GLI 1.8 8v CIS "Project Old Skool!!!!!"
I've already purchaced a Volvo 240 Turbo fuel Distributor, and plan on putting that on before the pulley.
What other steps should / do I need to take for fuel, compression or detonation issues with this much boost?
The motor is bone stock internally and I'm not planning on doing any internal work until winter, but at the same time I don't want to destroy the motor before the end of the summer.
Other work includes:
ACT Clutch
8.5lb flywheel
TT Race down pipe and 2.25 exhaust w/borla
Audi WUR
Audi 52mm TB
all new plugs, wires, cap and rotor
good oil change
coolant flush

Basicly what I'm asking is...what steps should I take to insure reliable operation for the rest of the summer with out taking 2 months out of my driving time right now?
Motor as it appears right now...

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Re: --->What do I need to do to run 9-10psi on Project Old Skool? <--- (EurospecA2)

I'd guess you'd need a knock sensor setup on a car with 10 pounds of boost. The kit I bought has one.
-Dan

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Re: --->What do I need to do to run 9-10psi on Project Old Skool? <--- (EurospecA2)

The Volvo 240 turbo CIS will do you just fine for fueling...use it with the Volvo WUR, and without the WOT switch. I would use either an MSD BTM box or Crane Hi-6 with retard for timing retard.
This is the exact setup I'm using on my Lysholm Cabby and it works just fine...with 9:1 compression.
Volvo CIS is good with a Lysholm charger up to 164 whp with no mods - just drop it in. Its actually good for a whole lot more but it takes work to get it there.
I just put the 57mm Lysholm pulley on so with the charger turning 10% faster I should hit 180ish wheel hp at 5300 rpm and I'm hoping the CIS will fuel it...we will see.
Enjoy that SC!
regards,
Peter T.

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: --->What do I need to do to run 9-10psi on Project Old Skool? <--- (Peter Tong)

What is the difference between the Volvo and the Audi WUR?
How concerned do I need to be with the timing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts