VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Re: What do people think of the Neuspeed 256 cam (RADsoc014)

It's a bit mild and expensive. You may see 1-2 whp from it. Try looking at autotech or techtonics as they have some similarly mild cams for much less cost. Stay below the TT 266/Autotech 270 and you won't have to change the valve springs and retainers (making it a pretty easy "drop in").

·
Registered
774 Posts
Re: What do people think of the Neuspeed 256 cam (Neckromacr)

quote:[HR][/HR]I belive the magic number is .431" lift. Anything below that should be fine with stock springs.[HR][/HR]​
Really that sux that means only a 256/260 could be used whick I dont like the gains for the cost that much although not bad, or a 268/260 which is .432 but if I am correct that is just for charged or turbo engines right? hmm not many options for standard springs i dont wanna take my head off although I am having some kinda valve problem so i probably should.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Re: What do people think of the Neuspeed 256 cam (Dubweiser 2.0)

Take a look at thread on the the Piper 264 down the screen. Its .428 lift and supposedly a very nice cam. I'm definately looking at it for when I do my own. That and its supposedly ok for FI applications.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Re: What do people think of the Neuspeed 256 cam (RADsoc014)

It's a great cam -- espeically with an OBDII. It retains stock idle and pulls nicely through upper mid range. It's not designed for high rev pull and flattens out around 5750 rpm.
If you are even remotely considering forced induction, want 100% assurance of no CEL and maintains stock idle characteristics then the 256 is most definitely worth it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What do people think of the Neuspeed 256 cam (TREK'in)

Thanks man that the answer i was looking for, cause i will be doing forced induction very soon just don't know when the money flow will come in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.