VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts
Re: WHAT DO THESE GO TO??? 16v (CodeMan)

That's not fan, it's too small. it looks like knock sensor or (most likely due to the location) ignition reference sensor. The ref. sensor is a little coil that goes on the #4 spark plug wire so the engine knows when it's firing (for reference). It's not critical and a lot of people don't have it, though it will throw a code for it. It'll still run normal.
Can't see any detail on the dash one, but it dosen't look stock. Looks almost like a computer connector of some kind.

· Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bump, definitely not the fan. its not the knck sensor, its not the coolant sens(although I think that one is faulty lol. maybe that ref. sensor vw2625 is talking bout cant find it?.. but it sounds like my issue hmm i needa go to my all knowing mechanic

· Registered
4,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
THX lifeisphunke!... "the 3 plug would go to a round sensor for your number 1 spark plug wire. most people deleted them when they put a new set of wires on. its not required to be used." I am pretty sure this is the solution. and they also noticed that my coolant temp sense is MIA!
THANKS YOU now I need to find that plug nd disregard this one sticking out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.