VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandfather has a 1984 Pontiac Fiero 2M4 with 49,000 miles on it. He is convinced that it is a timeless sports car worth lots of money someday. I just smile and nod. However, I took it out for a spin today, for the first time ever, and was quite surprised to find the engine in the middle. Anyways, it was slow as hell, had a 3 speed automatic, and no power steering, but it was still very interesting. What do you guys know about it? What do you think? Just thought it would be a fun topic.
Discuss

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Re: What do you know about the Pontiac Fiero? (2ndTimesACharm)

I don't know about the timelessness, or it's future value (i know you can stuff a small block in there w/o much trouble), but it does have its fans. Some folks just seem to have an unexplainable desire for them. There are plenty of detractors as well, but the fans seem to have the stronger opinion of the two. They should both be along shortly...

·
Old man yelling at cloud
42,300 Posts
Re: What do you know about the Pontiac Fiero? (2ndTimesACharm)

I have always been surprised by the large number of Fieros that I used to see backed into objects at high speed, in places where no other vehicles seemed to have problems with leaving the causeway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.