VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...My lights flicker when I press any power button( windows,sunroof, etc.) both when the car is ignited and not...I have, new battery,alternator running 14's,isolated everything from the battery wire hook-ups, etc.. Do I need to rewire everything? 4AWG? I need some advice desperately! Or should I just take it to Bahn brenner in wa. and be charge $65 and hour? HELP!
again...this is the notorious G60 battery drain issue....................

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: What does this mean? (PinoyG60)

Dude, I thought we gave you some great recomendations yesterday. What happened?
When I replaced the wires from my battery to and from. My lights no longer dimmed (slighlty) when I had my stereo on loud. Replace your wires. SaabFan used 2AWG where as I used 4AWG, go with 2 AWG as I will be re-doing mine again soon.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Re: What does this mean? (PinoyG60)

quote:[HR][/HR]
again...this is the notorious G60 battery drain issue....................[HR][/HR]​
Can someone elaborate on this battery drain thing? What it is and can it be fixed for good? That would scare me away from a G60 for sure...
Natty

·
Registered
11,641 Posts
Re: What does this mean? (Natty)

again...this is the notorious G60 battery drain issue....................
Can someone elaborate on this battery drain thing? What it is and can it be fixed for good? That would scare me away from a G60 for sure...
Natty[HR][/HR]​
Don't worry, there isn't any major mysterious battery drain that all Corrados suffer from. Granted, lots of people suffer from battery/charging system problems, but usually the fix is something pretty easy, and problems like this are bound to happen in any car that is 10 years old.
But if something as simple as a battery drain is scary, the Corrado is not the car for you. They are great cars, but they have their share of common problems that are worse than a battery drain.
-Nate

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: What does this mean? (Natty)

thanks T.C for all your advice...i'm just tryin to get more input on the issue... i will be workin on the Cg60 this weekend since im busy all week!

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Re: What does this mean? (SaabFan)

But if something as simple as a battery drain is scary, the Corrado is not the car for you. They are great cars, but they have their share of common problems that are worse than a battery drain.
-Nate[HR][/HR]​
Problems don't scare me, but problems with no fixes do! I was thinking there was some mysterious battery drained that was a way of life ofr the G60, guess not

Natty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts