VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
You know, at picnics and family bbq's when you roll up.

"It's loud!"
"You seen Fast and the Furious?"
"Is that why you don't have any money?"
"Wow.. it looks really nice. Did you do something to it?"
"Jeeeez, when are you going to grow up and drive a normal car?"

·
Registered
19,695 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (Majik6)

My wife wants to blow it up and send it off a cliff!

·
Registered
15 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]You know, at picnics and family bbq's when you roll up.

"You seen Fast and the Furious?"

[HR][/HR]​
i swear if i hear that one again heads are gonna roll.

[Modified by obso, 3:13 PM 12-4-2002]

·
Registered
4,824 Posts

My grandma goes...when my parents were on vacation she stayed with us...parents dont trust lil ol me
I took her out to dinner in my dub...she goes...Danielle why is your car so loud...Ill give you money if you need it ..to fix your exhaust...ahaha I started laughing so hard trying to tell her its supposed to be like that...then complaining she cant get out that its to low

My two sisters think Im crazy and the one thinks her stock Civic with blue headlights is better

Dad is the influence...he was the one to push me for the charger...he has a turbo supra!!!!!!
Danielle

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Re: What does your family think of your car? (Thorax_Embalmer)

quote:[HR][/HR]... other than that, they usually tell me to go back to Vietnam
[HR][/HR]​
ahh haa haaaaa yeah! that's good one!
my peoples liked it alot better than my old whip.

·
Registered
978 Posts

my mom thinks i'm nuts for spending so much money, my dad says i should stop wasting my money but then asks what i'm gonna do next, and my bro is as bad as me

·
Banned
5,873 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (SCHALTHEBELKNAUF)

my dad loves it to death, but doesn't like to admit it cuz he knows it costs me $$...

but he's had 6 or 7 dubs... so he can't complain. he's into the modding too

trying to convince him to do a TDI swap in his 91 Jetta Diesel/Wolfs http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (VolkSchnell-GTI)

Dad doesnt know about the exhaust...the lights or the system...well, he's complained about loud noises coming from the driveway at night but I tell him it the kids up the street...

·
Banned
5,253 Posts

my parents ask if i can hear the stereo over the exhaust. then asked when i brought my summer wheels down stairs, so you decided to take those big ugly things off of that ugly thing you drive
then ask is your car lower than last time and how many tickets have you got this week?

[Modified by jays vdub, 10:35 AM 12-4-2002]

·
Registered
21,252 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (askibum02)

quote:[HR][/HR]My wife wants to blow it up and send it off a cliff!
[HR][/HR]​
MINE TOO! She doesn't get why I fawn over my car so much. When I ask to do something to it, she tells me "Not unless its broken and needs to be replaced." Hmmm...lets see. The suspension was 'broken' in June and got repl...er..upgraded. Oh, and my exhast is about to fall off....Custom exhaust HERE I COME!!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (VeeRSicks)

from a cousin: "saw you driving your car the other day. so you're into that sort of thing?" he was referring to my car along F&F lines, lumping me with ghetto-honda kids with fart-cans and mirror-tint. my dad thinks my hella-triple horn is way too loud. hehe. my mom thinks it's cool how much i like my car.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (VeeRSicks)

no one cares, as long as they dont have to spend any money.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (DaveNY)

my mom couldnt care less, my dad likes that i maintain it the way i do, (plus he drives a TT, so he likes the audi/vw line.... everyone else, including most of my friends and co-workers, think im

·
Registered
12,683 Posts

My folks luv it, though they say I spend to much money on it. My father can't talk though really cuz he has a 66 vette that he puts his loot into. My brother luvs it to but says I spend to much cash, though I'm rubbin off on'em I think

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (Thorax_Embalmer)

quote:[HR][/HR]to my surprise, they mostly say its really nice and upkept well and clean...
other than that, they usually tell me to go back to Vietnam
[HR][/HR]​
My parents usually tell me to go to hell, but that has nothing to do with my car.
My wife looked at the euro lip then at the stock lip and said "what's the difference?"
Which was followed by "when are you going to raise it back up again?"
In reality she likes driving a lowered gti with all the euro trim and thinks it's cool - she just doesn't like encouraging m to spend money.

I get a lot of "It's cute" comments directed towards the rabbit. I say it's mean dammit. I also hear a lot of "why would you take the back seat and carpet out?" and "i'm not getting in that thing"

[Modified by melmer, 7:47 AM 12-4-2002]

·
Registered
408 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (raymondvw)

my mom is the kinda person who sends her car off to the dealer for every repair (oh how i would love to hook up her saab 95 turbo).. and she thinks my eaxust is loud
, my dad is cool about it.. but its not his thing... funny thing is the guy he hired to manage one of his buisnesses is much more suportive (and knows more about cars than i will probaly ever know), my sister thinks its "actuly a cool little car" but refuses to race her camero against it (my goal is to shut her down)
and my girlfriend... she doset understands it.. but puts up with me talking about it, and understands if i love the car more than her

·
Registered
12,592 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (melmer)

My dad always tells me I love boats but I just don't know it yet. He also goes to say that cars can't fly or float. I know he likes the dub deep down. My mom likes the car. Sometimes I let her drive it if I have to take her to the airport or whatever.
My grandma, who is now 95 or 96 years old (she has never told anyone her real age) really likes the car. She likes to drive fast

My other grandma likes how when I pick her up in Pittsburg, she thinks I make record time home every time. Last time I picked her up, she was smiling ear to ear when I showed her the speedometer.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Re: What does your family think of your car? (corduroy79)

My mom doesn't give me too much $hit, except occasionally she realizes several things:
1. She pays my $13,000 a year tuition for college while I dump money into my "hobby"

2. I'm 21 and own 2 cars (I insist my Buick Lesabre doesn't count)
3. She can't get to her weedwacker/shovel/rakes in the garage without me totally flipping out about how she "acts as though my car isn't even behind her" when she takes them off the shelf...I swear to you I'm going to pull it out in the spring and there's gonna be a huge gash in it, I'm not going to be happy

My dad insists that I'm getting a whole other car shipped to me via UPS one piece at a time, and he keeps asking me how I'm gonna pull it out of the basement ("I don't think you'll be able to drive that thing up the stairs son")
And my bro is 17 and is getting my mom's Integra when she buys her 3-series...He's all excited, not me however

1 - 20 of 144 Posts