VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'me looking at buying another g60 beast, what else causes white smoke in the tailpipe, besides a blown headgasket?
He mentioned that he thought the o2 sensor was the wrong one, I.E. a California one, instead of a 49 state??
Is there such a thing?
I'me looking at the car tomorrow so I'd like to know what I'me up against.
Vince

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Re: What else could cause White smoke in the tailpipe? Besides Headgasket? (smoked_g60)

Bad rings could cause a blueish white smoke.
Llew.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: What else could cause White smoke in the tailpipe? Besides Headgasket? (G60Jetta2dr)

The car only has 100km. If it's been driven hard, maybe, hewck anything's possible, but the exaust would smell right, like burning oil right.
Lwt's assume that the smoke is rich smelling, like unburnt fuel, maybe a non firing cylinder?

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Re: What else could cause White smoke in the tailpipe? Besides Headgasket? (smoked_g60)

quote:[HR][/HR]but the exaust would smell right, like burning oil right.[HR][/HR]​
I dunno.
quote:[HR][/HR]Lwt's assume that the smoke is rich smelling, like unburnt fuel, maybe a non firing cylinder?[HR][/HR]​
G60s running rich is normal unfortunately. Non firing cylinder. Only if the car sounds really rough. They don't sound so good on 3 cylinders.
Llew.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts