VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any information would be greatly appreciated...I just need it to get me by a couple months...if it's detrimental to the engine...then I won't do it...but I don't see how it could cause a problem...also...where is the cheapest place to find NON-A/C kits...and if I am not using a charger...if I buy the kit from a shop...is it going to mean I need a different belt?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Re: what exactly do I have to do to run G60 engine without charger? (Vr6DubNY)

You need a shorter belt, I forget what the length is. You also need to modify your intake some how. I have seen several methods. I replaced the charger with some PVC and it worked great. The oil feed line will need to be pluged or connected to the return line. I can send you a pic of my bypass if you want.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: what exactly do I have to do to run G60 engine without charger? (LysholmG60)

if you could send me a pic that would be great...I am running totally NA...no intercooler either...so I'm just gonna manufacture an intake for it ..so that's the deal...so basically I need a smaller belt and to plug the oil return line...not a bad deal...doesn't seem to be too dificult...anyone know what size belt I need?

·
Registered
16,512 Posts

I believe the belt was a 59" Alls I know is that you'll need a .5" shorter belt than whats listed on th cca page. As Crez's would jump a rib over every once and a while
For the Oil feed I removed the banjo bolt and installed a metric bolt with the proper threads and an O-ring
The Oil return line was removed from the barb and I just installed a Vacume cap on it. I thought about finding a bolt for that too but I had the job done quicker with the cap.
The Boost return pipe was taken off the car and replaced with a pipe that was cut during my Dual Air Filter trials.
I also had a piece of IC piping with the Potentiometer port too.
I bypassed the IC (so I could clean it)
Then made a pipe that allowed for the filter, boost return pipe, and TB IC pipe to all meet together.
Its a bit more than the usual bypass but it almost looks stock.

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: what exactly do I have to do to run G60 engine without charger? (G60ING)

G60ING....that's exactly what I was looking for...but I have 1 more question...what about the CO Potentiometer...do I have to worry about that being plugged in? I am looking through the bently right now..and I can't figure out exactly what it does...other than measure boost pressure? and intake temp?...
I'm really new to this...and not having the funds to do everything at 1 time...I have to make my choices wisely...hence running with no charger for a month or so

·
Registered
16,512 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]G60ING....that's exactly what I was looking for...but I have 1 more question...what about the CO Potentiometer...do I have to worry about that being plugged in? I am looking through the bently right now..and I can't figure out exactly what it does...other than measure boost pressure? and intake temp?...
I'm really new to this...and not having the funds to do everything at 1 time...I have to make my choices wisely...hence running with no charger for a month or so[HR][/HR]​
On Crez's car I was able to keep the potentiometer. Look at the piping. If you decide you want to cut the boost pipe to keep the Poteniometer you can always by the eurosport pipes when you get a charger or just get another boost pipe for $25 either here on the Vortex or the CCA classifieds. I believe extinct has a pipe for sale.
As for having to bypass don't sweat it. If my charger blew tomorrow I'd bypass it for a few months before I did something for power. I parked my car for 8months while my current charger was being built and I didn't enjoy that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts