VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What exactly do you people call rice???????

2K views 53 replies 42 participants last post by  AZZ KIKR 
#1 ·
The way I always understood it was basically all show no go. Like in VW terms a full body kit, 19" rims, yadda yadda yadda and then a stock 8v under the hood. Thats rice as far as i know. I don't think a cone filter is rice because of what it does but i've heard some of you people call it that. Any honda is rice to most if not all VW owners. I don't know what thats about. Don't get me wrong I'm tired of civics because everyone's got one and i think they r played out, but I do respect them, a simple gsr swap in a hatch back would honeslty embarress most people in this forum in a race, yet people still call it rice. So tell me what exactly you people call rice, because i'm not getting it
mike

See less See more
#3 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (mrG60)

well see most ppl dont even know what rice is.
it's not 19 inch wheels or full body kit because those things can be pulled of nicely. they can be made to flow with the car.
In my honest opinion rice is something totaly use less for example a loude muffler on a bone stock car, all it does is make noice, or or 2 ft wings on cars that dont need them, or big body kits ththa dont flow with the car. rice is just something that is very stupid.
but on this site many people think that if you dont have BBS mesh wheels or have dont have euro parts on your car your rice

#4 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (mrG60)

There's alot of things that can be considered rice
For me its mostly ugly wings, stickers of **** you dont have on your car, or even of **** you do have on you car if there's too many of them, ugly body kits, ugly rims, stuff like that.
Altho I don't aprove with all show no go, as long as it's tastefull its not rice.
oh and ofcourse nasty sounding exhausts, led exhaust tips, etc...

#8 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (compakt)

un painted body kits, wings on fwd cars, far can exhausts, neons, stickers, big ass exhaust tips, washer led's, valve stem cap led's, extremely bight color interrior, decals on the side of the car, multi colored paint jobs, and rims that cost more than the car is worth

#9 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (compakt)

i think we all know what rice is but the problem is people go over board with what they see as rice. there are quite a few nice looking honda's and acura's that dont look "ricey" at all. Its just these kids that get their first car that their parents bought and they have no money to mod it, no experience, and have no idea what good taste is. so what do they do? go to pep boys buy under carage lights, light up sprayers, fartcans, 6' wings, and chrome wheels from walmart. they give honda and acura a bad name. There are 3 different type of car enthusiasts, ones who are open to just about any car that performs. Then there are the ones who all they car about is show. Personally a person that bags on other imports besides European, isn't much of a car enthusiast at all.

#10 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (Misfit)

Quote, originally posted by Misfit »
wings on fwd cars...

There is a performance gain from wings of fwd cars. Its the type of wing and how a person uses it that makes the difference. for example, take the honda and acura touring cars they have wings on the back, not just for look, but to keep the back end planted while taking corners at high speed.

#11 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (vwR1337)

IMO - Rice is when ignorant people think $50 at autozone thinks it makes them on the cover of super street. Its when people don't realize modding a car takes 1000's of dollars and lots of time. Sort of taking the easy way out is going rice.
I don't mind stickers and neon and metals wings, when its on a TT Supra with 20 grand dumped into it, I think it looks incredible.
It does irritate me though when I see stickers, neon and a wing on an 84 rust box accord.
And here is my example....
1000's are spent to make this...

but somehow in the mind of a "ri c er" it transforms into this...

sigh....

Modified by GermanWannaB at 4:52 AM 6-29-2003

Modified by GermanWannaB at 4:52 AM 6-29-2003

#12 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (GermanWannaB)

How's this for a definition.... who the hell cares what "rice" is? People need to realise that calling someone elses car "rice" over the internet is as relavant as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. It get's you nowhere. Shut up or put up. If you think your car is so great, take it to the track! Don't get me wrong, a few choice words between dub-lovers and honda-lovers is cool and all in good fun, but these people that are full haters of anything that isn't VW need a life. I just think there's too much blind hatred. People just say that they hate honda's, but have no real idea why, cause they don't know jack about cars in the first place. Build whatever makes you happy. Honda or VW, a nice car is a nice car.

#14 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (mplsvwgolfMKII)

Quote, originally posted by mplsvwgolfMKII »
Honda or VW, a nice car is a nice car.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif , seriously, im sick of people being so damned close minded. when i used to streetrace back in the day, there was a civic hatch with and integra motor (or something im not sure what) that smoked every other car out there, including a built vr6 corrado and a 20 psi gst. car was nice and clean and fast, not "riced out" at all

Modified by mr16vgti at 9:23 PM 6-28-2003

#21 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (nsmsam)

Modification to any car that either
A) involves attaching something to the car to make it appear to have the same attributes as something it is not
B) Involves blinking/non-blinking lights
C) Involves anything that makes the car look "fly" "tyte" or "pimp"

#22 ·
Re: What exactly do you people call rice??????? (GermanWannaB)

Quote, originally posted by GermanWannaB »
IMO - Rice is when ignorant people think $50 at autozone thinks it makes them on the cover of super street. Its when people don't realize modding a car takes 1000's of dollars and lots of time. Sort of taking the easy way out is going rice.
I don't mind stickers and neon and metals wings, when its on a TT Supra with 20 grand dumped into it, I think it looks incredible.
It does irritate me though when I see stickers, neon and a wing on an 84 rust box accord.
And here is my example....
1000's are spent to make this...

Someone spent 1000's on an RC car? are you serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.