VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: What exactly does the vacuum reservoir do..... (vdubin90)

might help with brake system in an event where vacuum is no longer generated (stall?) at least thats what i though the wierd thing on the hood of my old cabby's purpose was for.
would suxor to lose power assist braking under the wrong conditions.

·
Registered
29,608 Posts
Re: What exactly does the vacuum reservoir do..... (vdubin90)

i didnt say anything bout abs, and i dont think my cabby ever had that feature

i figure it might have something to do with say you brake hard,stall the mtoor, maybe it gives you a second or two of extra power assist.
unplug it and let us know what it does
where does it plug into anyways?

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Re: What exactly does the vacuum reservoir do..... (mrkrad)

it plugs in off that y connector just behind the TB. It goes into a Y split, and goes into the firewall right in the middle, and the other one goes to a valve, then to a green hard vac line that goes into the PS fender right in front of the cowl.
-Greg

·
Registered
132 Posts
i got rid of mine. just capped off the line. it was in the way when i mounted the ic in the stock spot under the battery tray on my gti. got rid of the charcoal canister and all that vacuum crap. just capped everything off. it seems fine. the only thing noticable is that the heater vents don't close and open too well. they are operated using vacuum cylinoids.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Re: (92Gti1.8 8v)

Quote, originally posted by 92Gti1.8 8v »
i got rid of mine. just capped off the line. it was in the way when i mounted the ic in the stock spot under the battery tray on my gti. got rid of the charcoal canister and all that vacuum crap. just capped everything off. it seems fine. the only thing noticable is that the heater vents don't close and open too well. they are operated using vacuum cylinoids.

So on our Corrados we would have poor working door locks, gas cap lock, and cruise control?
I think we're stuck with it guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts