VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had a cel light problem, and I assumed I had an obd 1 due to the lable under my hood stating it was, the egr valve and the fact that it is an 04/95 car, and i bought a chip for an obd 1 car and installed it and the car works fine. So im driving around looking for a place that can scan my car... needless to say nobody around here said they could. Come to find out my car has an obd 2 scan port, and further more an obd2 scanner pulled the codes. so now im confused mainly i want to know if i have forged internals and duel valve springs is there any easy way to check for that???
The Great American Novel

· Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: (Pteezy)

Quote, originally posted by Pteezy »
even my friends vag-com which supposedly " can only scan obd 2" reads my obd1 just fine

vag com works fine with the obd1's just that it can't scan nearly as much information

· Registered
2,165 Posts
Re: (iampakman)

obd1 stores very minimal information, such as does your engine run. obd2 stores tons of **** such as do your window regulators work, if there was a misfire on Tues, Nov 21 on number 3, etc. Vag com will scan both obd1 and obd2 mk3's, but it only can scan as much as the car's computer stores.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.