VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Re: what gear oil other then mt90 do you 3.94 vr's use (HiTdAtSiT)

word on the street is that mt-90 will eat the brass in transmissions. in an O2O at least, don't see why it would be any different in an O2A...
worst case scenario, a completely un-warranted purchase of the wrong transmission fluid, resulting in putting new, correct tranny-fluid, and vice-versa

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anybody using or recommend any thicker oil??? i want to quiet down the tranny a bit but still need to find one thats also gl4 rated..anybody have any suggestions?? somebody was saying for gor a 90w135 ??? any of you guys hear of this?

·
Registered
7,484 Posts
Re: (HiTdAtSiT)

Quote, originally posted by HiTdAtSiT »
yeh i just read a post on the heavyweight shockproof which im looking into...but does anybody know if this is gl4 rated for our trannys?

i recall reading that 020 requires gl4, while 02A can use gl5.
dont hold me to it though. lol
yet it was recommended to me by a well trusted friend who has built sc vr's, turbo vr's, turbo miatas, tuned and worked on 400+ hp srt4's, s/c g35 coupe, etc.
his resume is good enough for me.

Modified by vr6freak at 10:34 AM 4-24-2006

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ours is gl4 rated ...dotn want to put in some oil where its supposed to protect more but then somewhere down the line its going to eventually eat up your syncros..but hopin it is gl4 cuz i want to try this stuff.

Modified by HiTdAtSiT at 2:15 PM 4-24-2006

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.