VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the VW scene since the early 2000's and always appreciated and respected Bill Schimmel and what he brought to the VW motorsport community, but recent i've not had the best of experience..

Over the past 3 months, i've called twice, and sent two emails. none of which were replied to in anyway, I understand if he is too busy to complete some work on my car, that is fine and good for him for being so sucessful and busy; but, it is poor business practice not to even awknowledge a customers calls and emails. Over the past years i've purchased many items from SP and never had an issued with him until now..

Is anyone else having similar problems? I would had to see this great resource lost due to poor buisness practices. :confused:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Weird?.. Bill personally called me about a month ago when they didn't have a part in stock. He said he would ship it as soon as they got in stock or he would refund my money asap. This was for a $14 fuel fitting. Seems like he had time for me?...

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Sounds like the guy got too busy all of a sudden. I've been running my own business for 8 years and it happens even to the most hard-working committed people.

Guaranteed he's stressed to the max and feels bad about every email and call that he can't keep up with. Been there.

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
Guaranteed he's stressed to the max and feels bad about every email and call that he can't keep up with. Been there.
:thumbup:
Bill's a good guy and we will vouch for him. Being busy in this industry blows...

I personally have been down the 350-400+ emails in a single day. If you come in the office @ 9am you do not move from your chair until minimum lunch time. Give him a call in the morning and see if he answers:thumbup:

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
If you are doing that much business that you cannot reply to email you hire more people.

/excuses :laugh:
....does not matter how many people you hire.
When people want to email YOU , they email YOU regardless of how many people you employ. Even with our [email protected] and [email protected] , half of those emails still have to be forwarded to me for an effective reply.

·
Registered
24,968 Posts
Been there.
I did the business thing for 15+ yrs & i agree as i been there.

And as stated above, no matter how many people you hire, Bill still has to be the one answering inquiries.

·
Registered
544 Posts
guys I work at a restaurant while I'm attending college,and sometimes it just gets so slam packed that its ridiculous and you have like 13 tables to wait on and it just cannot physically be done in time. I'm on SP's side,hes gotta be ridiculously busy and stressed out especially now that winters coming and all the big boost builds are under construction...and you know everyone's going to want their car done for the spring.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
guys I work at a restaurant while I'm attending college,and sometimes it just gets so slam packed that its ridiculous and you have like 13 tables to wait on and it just cannot physically be done in time. I'm on SP's side,hes gotta be ridiculously busy and stressed out especially now that winters coming and all the big boost builds are under construction...and you know everyone's going to want their car done for the spring.
This is not really the same scenario here lol. Ive been in Bill's shops probably 4-5 times a year or two ago while he was building a motor for me. The phone literally rings the entire time and no one answers it. I stopped calling him and just started showing up to check on progress because calling was a waste of time. Email was a 50/50 shot on a response. About a week ago I called to ask him a question and was curious to see if someone would answer the phone and surprisingly the phone was answered on the first ring. I believe his wife or girlfriend is answering phones for him now. It seems he is really trying to get on top of some customer service over there as he built a new website that is much nicer than the old one. Try emailing. I know he goes to a lot of events and closes shop for a few days.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i ve been dealing with Bill for 7 years without a problem, he is actually the only guy that would actually help u n answer question without giving the run around or like some other that they wont tell u anything cause u might still something from them, will stay dealing with him as long as he is in business

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't want anyone to think that i am bashing Bill in any stretch of the imagination.. Bill is great, hence me trying to get a hold of him... I was just wondering if anyone else is having similar issues.. I know he will get back to me sooner or later.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
bill is around i spoke with him last week.. he is just busy and doesnt have alot of help at his shop so he is doing mostly everything. it is tough and sucks to not be able to get ahold of someone but he will return your emails. i yell at him for ya

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
If you are doing that much business that you cannot reply to email you hire more people.

/excuses :laugh:
funny you say that because i e-mailed you about something and never got a reply.... :banghead:

in reguards to the o/p bill is kind of a one man show from the times i have been up there... and that is tough. he will answer you eventually. some seasons are busier then others so sometimes it doesnt pay to hire someone for 4 to 5 months out of the year and have to take the time to show them how everything works etc.... just for the busy season. bill and i have had some differences in the past but we worked them out and he is a stand up guy.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.