VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2002 12v VR6 jetta wagon, 2004 .:R32
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for your interest in my topic... I am a long time vw enthusiast who moved out here (denver metro area) from the east coast about 3 years ago now. I was really hoping to find a much bigger vw community here than there is. I remember reading about the dubs along the rockies shows back when eurotuner was a thing. Where is everyone? Im not looking for 2 step car meets, I enjoy cruising cayons with friends, helping people work on cars and just doing vw things. Where are you people? I know you are here. Can we start up a new show or a get together or something?

·
Registered
17 golf R
679 Posts
Most of the people in the scene have gotten older gotten married had kids whatever. Metro dubs kind of fell apart with some internal nonsense between a few people and a new group started but that split the scene. Then again people got older moved or whatever and most are gone. A few good people still around but way not the same.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most of the people in the scene have gotten older gotten married had kids whatever. Metro dubs kind of fell apart with some internal nonsense between a few people and a new group started but that split the scene. Then again people got older moved or whatever and most are gone. A few good people still around but way not the same.
That is rather unfortunate, I would love to get together with some local enthusiasts and chat it up or cruise. With the fall of vortex and the rise of facebook I started a small group on facebook called Colorado .:R32 and have had a few cruises and get togethers. We are planning a cruise for memorial day weekend this year. Also i hope VWOTG is not cancelled this year.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’d love for you and anyone else with an R32/Golf R to join us. Maybe setting up a cruise for Memorial Day weekend and I will be sure to make a thread on here. Also some of us are joining the local Rocky Mountain Quattro group on February 20th for a get together at red rocks upper lot.

Reactions: morbs_gt

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still on for tomorrow?
new location as of this morning
9880 W Deer Creek Canyon Rd, Littleton, CO 80127, United States

I will drop by around 9, I need to get over to a friends place to finish the timing chains on his Gti.

·
Registered
2021 VW GTI S
102 Posts
Yeah I didn’t get a chance things kinda moved quickly and didn’t have time. Let me know the know the next one
Same here - I had a plan for Sat morning and was unable to make it down there.

Weather is getting warmer (sort of - LOL!). It’ll be nice to meet up and maybe go for a sprint up in the canyons. I’m happy to host a meet up near Boulder if anyone is interested. Thinking of running Left Hand Canyon up to P2P then back down Coal Creek. Maybe grab lunch at WonderView or around there... ?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts